Software Release Notes for Build 24
Release Date: Apr 16, 2009
Generic Release Name: B24
Public Release Name: TCS Patches and Bug Fix Upgrade
Specific Tests that need to be performed with the Telescope
Patches to the Release
Operating System, System Configuration, TCS and Hardware Computers
TCS Servers / Workstations
jet computer, DSP, FPGA
TCS Subsystems and GUIs, and significant configuration files
AGw control server
AOS - Adaptive Optics
ECS - Enclosure Control
- ECS Version 2.6
- Removed lines of code which referenced the old TEL (telemetry) TCS subsystem.
- Added the new telemetry exceptions:
- Added check to ensure the telemetry collector exists before calling the finish method.
- The HBS temperature set point calculation has been changed to use the lower C ring steel temperature instead of the PMC air/glass temperature, and the dew point check has been removed (if the steel is below the dew point the oil can't do much about it). These changes mean the PMCs are no longer required to be running for the HBS set point generator to operate.
ENV - Environmental Sensors
IIF / IRS - Instrument Interface
- IIF Version 6.4
- Failed Presets are candidates for being CANCELED when the mount is moved by hand. This will prevent them from having the "missing collimation" offloaded from the secondary (IssueTrak #1999).
- Possible (small) memory leaks fixed in the ICE interface.
- The M3 Rz (selector) axis will always be collimated by the Preset command if the axis is too far out of position. Too far is determined by the lbt.conf variables IIFPreset[Left|Right]TertiaryRzThresh (in degrees). The defaults are 0.01 degrees.
- A floating point truncation problem was fixed in the Position class serialize method that reduced double precision to 6 digits (IssueTrak #2126).
GCS - Guiding Control - V2.1.9
- removed a stray semicolon that caused an endless loop if GCS had to wait for a pending image request (problem that occured during the night from 13th to 14th) which caused GCS to hang.
- fixed a problem in CommandBatchFile class that caused GCS to hang when initializing cameras with an .ini file and file didn't exist
- saving two WFS files per iteration now. One for the full CCD readout called wfscimageXXXXXX.fits and one cropped image for GUI display called wfscsubimageXXXXXX.fits. This provides a better detail level as only the area with spots is really interesting.
- changes since B23, applied with previous patches
- added two config values to AIP_*_L.cfg that control how the Zernike are being rotated into the PM coordinate system, WFS_ZrotatorDirection and WFS_probeRotationFactor which default to 1.0 each. So if they are missing everything works as it does right now. If the rotator part of the rotation should be applied with a different sign, change WFS_ZrotatorDirection to -1.0 in the corresponding AIP_*_L.cfg file. If the probe rotation relative to SFP should be applied in a different direction, change WFS_probeRotationFactor to -1.0. To document how the different parts are contributing to the overall rotation, a detailed log message has been added.
- found and fixed a problem with choosing the incorrect configuration file because of ovberwreiting the filename in selectAGW()
- added missing camera configurations for different focal/instrument combinations
- added an lbt.conf paramter GCS.sextractorFlags to have a configuration for which flag level will be ignored in Sextractor outputs
- found the reason why Z22 never updated in DD and the GUI. Fixed.
- changed GCS.sextractorFlags in lbt.conf to 28
- changed GAIN value in gcs_sx.sex to 1.5
- added missing configuration files for the Zernike scale factors due to the introduction of a new naming scheme for the configuration files
- based on focal station and instrument.
GCSGUI - V0.1.4
- increased brightness of colors on acquisition image so that incorrect acquisition of star can be seen more easily
- added corner marks for guide window area on acquisition image window to detect more easily if a star would be inside guide window
LSS - Logging and Events
- Removed the code which inserts the event data into the "mysql" database.
- Removed the dependancy in Makefile.inc on "MySqlCppApi".
- Removed display in LSSGUI of the "db connection status".
MCS / mcstemp - Mount Control
OSS - Optical Support v.1.36.
- Implemented spherical motion algorithm fix as outlined in document 616f001 version E.
- Fixed code in 'SwingArms::selectArmNone' to remove the return of an 'ok' message on successful completion.
- Replaced an incorrect reference to a right side focal station name with the correct left side name.
- Added a templated Umac::Pos class which can be defined to hold the number of axes for the particular Umac you are using. This is a generalization of the old TertiaryMirror::Pos and SecondaryMirror::Pos classes, which performed very similar functionality to each other.
PCS - Pointing Control
- PCS Version 3.34
- Defined the MODS SX affine transform to be
- AffineTransform (0.0, 0.0, 1.0/focalLength, 0.0, true, false)
- where AffineTransform (x0, y0, scale, rotation, xflip, yflip)
- Added code to print the first set of LBC rotator trajectory information (timestamp and angle) to the SYSLOG. (Patch on B23 also)
- Added the new telemetry exceptions thrown on telemeter_definer::commit_def() (TEL Release 5):
- resource_exhaustion exceptions
PMC - Primary Mirror Cell
PSF - Point Spread Function
SDB - Star Database
WX - Weather Station
TCS Common Software
commandreturn - client command status returns
- The event database name lookup for addResult() has been removed. This was not being used, and required a static instantiation of the event database in the class.
commandsequencer - client/subsystem command handling
core - foundation routines
datadictionary - reflective memory and event support
- Fix memory leaks in routines toUpper() and toLower(). Changed two map lookups to use find() instead of  so the maps do not grow with unwanted entries.
eventhandler - event handling
networkconfig - subsystem management
- Fix memory leaks in routines toUpper() and toLower().
reflectivememory - global shared memory
rpc - communication protocol
setvalue - reflective memory access
tcs_config - tcs configuration
DDEditor - Data Dictionary Editor
DDBrowser - Data Dictionary Browser
DDViewer - Data Dictionary Viewer
Instruments and Environmental Sensors
DIMM - Differential Image Monitor
IRC - Infrared Test Camera Client
- IRC Version 1.3.3
- Modify the program so the "-help" and "-list" commands will execute without the IIF running.
- Add command "-show" to show the current connections to the IIF.
LBC - LBT Binocular Camera
LBTO Weather Station - 3DWGUI
MAT - Mount Axillary Telescope
- 09 Apr 2009
Topic revision: r10 - 06 Oct 2009, NormCushing