Software Release Notes for Build 23
Release Date: Mar 31, 2009
Generic Release Name: B-23
Public Release Name: B-23 TCS, IRTC, Lucifer Testing
Specific Tests that need to be performed with the Telescope
Patches to the Release
- ECSGUI_Version 1.28a: The LOCAL/REMOTE indicator has been removed from the Chiller page as the full implementation in support of the GUI has not been completed.
- GCS V2.1.6
- added an lbt.conf paramter GCS.sextractorFlags to have a configuration for which flag level will be ignored in Sextractor outputs. Set it to not filter out any stars.
- found the reason why Z22 never updated in DD and the GUI. Fixed.
- added missing configuration files for the Zernike scale factors due to the introduction of a new naming scheme for the configuration files based on focal station and instrument
- as of April 6th: fine tuned Source Extractor by setting flag filter in lbt.conf to 28 and GAIN factor in gcs_sx.sex to 1.5 e-/ADU
- PCS Version 3.33g
- The first (JD timestamp, angle) pair of the requested LBC rotator trajectory will be printed to the SYSLOG.
- GCS should recover from lost AzCam images now. The transport mechanism between GCS and AzCam was not changed.
- ECSGUI now allows the user to override the automatic update of the HBS setpoint temperature by using MANUAL mode.
- While it was planned, the new Pointing Kernel (Version 1.6) has NOT been included as part of this build.
Operating System, System Configuration, TCS and Hardware Computers
TCS Servers / Workstations
jet computer, DSP, FPGA
TCS Subsystems and GUIs, and significant configuration files
- Modified the LSS path variables to be:
AGw control server
- stop function
- workaround for XY hysteresis
- error handling for motion commands and home
- status functions
AOS - Adaptive Optics
ECS - Enclosure Control
- ECS_Version 2.4
- Added MANUAL/AUTOMATIC control to the HBS temperature setpoint value so the users can have more direct control of the value. When in MANUAL control, no temperature values sent from other subsystems or computed by ECS itself will be accepted; only the value manually imposed by the user will be utilized. This satisfies IssueTrak #1901. It should be noted that the temperature deadband has always been and continues to be a manually set value.
- Note that IssueTrak #2003 is still open. There still seems to be some disagreement on how the HBS temperature setpoint should be driven in AUTOMATIC mode.
- Moved the ENABLED/DISABLED status to the "air compressor" section of the Air Compressor/After Cooler page.
- Clarified on the GUI the "Clear Alarm" button only clears the "state" alarms (air compressors fail to run or the air dryers fail to run). The dewpoint temperature alarms will only clear when the physical circumstances are met according to the ECSPLC.
- Renamed the reflective memory value ecs.hb.status.opMode to ecs.hb.CV0423_OpMode. Added a new value: ecs.hb.tempSetPt_OpMode. The remaining values will remain until the algorithm for setting the temperature setpoint in AUTOMATIC mode has been finalized.
- ECS_Version 1.28
- Changes made to the GUI to support the subsystem modifications.
ENV - Environmental Sensors
IIF - Instrument Interface
- IIF Version 6.3
- The Preset command now calls the newpreset() method in the MCS to inform it that a Preset is starting. Functionality depends on the MCS.
GCS - Guiding Control - V2.1.5
- added focal station to Instrument2AGW.cfg matrix for selecting the right AGW for an incoming request
- added unitNumber key to AGW configuration file, allows for multiple AIP AGW units to be correctly addressed
- added agwType string to AGW configuration file, was moved from Instrument2AGW configuration to here
- added WFS_rotatorAngle string to AGW configuration file, this was previously hardwired and specifies which rotator angle to read from DD to correctly rotate the Zernikes into the primary mirror coordinate system.
- fixed the sign error in correctForProbeRotation in GuidingThread.cpp (IT #2000)
- closed IT #1955 as the new Instrument2AGW.cfg matrix system allows for different parameters for instruments in identical focal stations.
- added DD variables AGW.unitNumber, AGW.unitName, AGW.unitType and assocRotator
- populating these new DD variables when AGW is selected and when WFS is started (for assocRotator).
- moved the filter setting into autoAcquireGS function as it will have to be set in relation to GS wavelength when we have multiple GSs in list
- added configuration value defaultFilter to AIP_L.cfg and the other configuration files. In lieu of a GS wavelength this filter will be set when selecting the corresponding AGW unit. As we only have AIP AGws for now this has been set to the r' filter value.
- added a guideCorrectionFactor (optional) parameter to AIP_L.cfg. It scales how much of the star displacement from its expected position should be reported to PCS. Value has been set to 0.9 as a start.
- changed the recovery strategy in case of a lost image between AzCam and GCS.
- fixed a memory leak in CamImage class only occuring when assigning another CamImage object of same image size with = operator (this was NOT causing the possible memory leak reported by John Hill)
- fixed a problem with overwriting the configured guide window size at the beginning of the guide loop with a default value
- changed type of GuideCam.relHotspot_x and _y to double to match other hotspot data types in DD
- verified full recovery from lost guide and WFS images caused by the AzCam collision problem
GCSGUI - V0.1.3
- fixed a problem with not updating the relative hotspot correctly when visualizing the blue circle around hotspot
- corrected incorrectly referenced GCS DD variables
LSS - Logging and Events
MCS / mcstemp - Mount Control
- The bug which kept the all_on_source signal (the "Mount and Rotators" display in IIFGUI) staying false all the time if Lucifer was authorized on the left and LBC authorized on the right (as opposed to IIFFS::NONE on the right) has been fixed.
- A total of 6 Engineering Interface windows can now be open at once instead of 4.
- Attempt to retract a stow pin will generate an error message if the Dynamic Balance system accumulator is out of range. The accummulator being out of range is indicated by the "stow pin disabled" message in the Engineering Interface "dyn" dynamic balance display page.
- The HBS PLC read error (manifests as intermittent display of the TPLC heartbeat signal failing) failure should be recoverable now. When an HBS read error is detected, the MCSPU will close the connection to the HBPLC and then attempt to re-open it. It is not known for sure if this will fix the problem.
- The PLCIO library will log now error information to "plcLogFile" in telescope's home directory. This should shed light on the HBS read errors. More data about the HBPLC read failure is also being logged in the MCSPU log file.
- When the mount Tracker state machine is not in 'TRACKING' or 'SLEW_TO_TRACK' states, PCS tracking polynomials with negative elevations will no longer be logged as bad polynomials. They will still be counted as bad polynomials.
- RTracker and Tracker now look for a mismatch between the MJD computed by the DSPs and the MJD computed by jet and the MJD computed by PCS. If these differ by more than 3 seconds, that will be logged as an error condition.
- There are 4 new HBS display pages in the Engineering Interface: hbsaz, hbsel, hbslat, hbssys.
OSS - Optical Support v. 1.35
- Added a generic 'Umac::Pos' class to represent a series of Umac axis positions. This class supersedes the specific position classes defined in the Tertiary and Secondary mirror classes.
- Added code to check the current focal station on subsystem startup. This focal station, if valid, will be set as the current focal station for the tertiary mirror, although no actual move will be performed.
- Focal station names are now read correctly by the subsystem from the OSS.conf file.
- Several text returns from the MCSPU were being propigated up via the event system to the event log. These were the 'Ok''s that signify that a command was accepted and acted upon by the MCSPU. 'Ok' should not be propigated this way, so the code was modified to prevent this behavior.
- Added code to 'close' button to ensure that the windows are closed in each case.
- Corrected wrong color in event display.
- Removed button and command 'StopAllMotion' as the command does not work.
- Added code which checks to see if the motors are powered on before a deploy or retract. Without power, the action will fail. The GUI will prompt the user to power the motors on if they are not on already, then try the action again.
- Focal station names will be displayed by the GUI.
PCS - Pointing Control
PMC - Primary Mirror Cell
- PMC Version 4.8
- Support for telemetry Release 5. This is only for handling additional exceptions; there is no new functionality.
PSF - Point Spread Function
SDB - Star Database
WX - Weather Station
TCS Common Software
commandreturn - client command status returns
commandsequencer - client/subsystem command handling
core - foundation routines
datadictionary - reflective memory and event support
eventhandler - event handling
networkconfig - subsystem management
reflectivememory - global shared memory
rpc - communication protocol
setvalue - reflective memory access
tcs_config - tcs configuration
DDEditor - Data Dictionary Editor
DDBrowser - Data Dictionary Browser
DDViewer - Data Dictionary Viewer
Instruments and Environmental Sensors
DIMM - Differential Image Monitor
IRC / IRS - Infrared Test Camera Client
- IRC Version 1.3.2
- This version does not require the IRS to be running, so commands that are for the TCS will execute without the IRS. Each command that uses the IRS (camera) will fail if the IRS is not running.
LBC - LBT Binocular Camera
LBTO Weather Station - 3DWGUI
MAT - Mount Axillary Telescope
- 25 Mar 2009
Topic revision: r13 - 06 Oct 2009, NormCushing