Software Release Notes for Build "Lucifer Com2b"
Release Date: Jan 06, 2009
Generic Release Name: B17
Public Release Name: Lucifer Com2b v1
Specific Tests that need to be performed with the Telescope
Patches to the Release
- PCS Version 3.29a (12 January 2009)
- Fixed a problem with IIF OffsetPointing() functionality for relative moves with the offset system type of OFFSET_RADEC. Previously, the wrong pointing kernel function was being invoked, so relative and absolute offsets moved the telescope in the same manner. Relative offsets done as OFFSET_RADEC now work properly. As a consequence of this fix, these reflective memory variables properly report the current/achieved RA and Dec values for both relative and absolute offsets done with offset system type of OFFSET_RADEC.
However, it is advised the users continue to utilize the "target" reflective memory variables below at this time. The reason is the "achieved" reflective memory variables do NOT report the proper equatorial coordinates when offsets are done in offset system type OFFSET_DETXY.
- The two reflective memory variables following are also now being utilized. The variables record the requested offsets done by IIF OffsetPointing() with offset system type OFFSET_RADEC. They represent either cumulative or a single offset, depending upon whether the move were done as relative (cumulative) or absolute (single) offset.
- A problem with updating and applying the current value for the position angle when inter-mixing offsets has been fixed. Offsets done in OFFSET_RADEC or as OFFSET_DETXY both involve the angle associated with the rotator mode. Previously, an offset done as OFFSET_DETXY as a relative move would improperly reset the angle associated with the rotator; this angle might already have been set by an OFFSET_RADEC offset, and the code should have added the values together and not overwritten the previous value. Now all four combinations of offset functionality which can set the current angle associated with the rotator work properly. The current value can be seen in the reflective memory variable
- PSF Version 4.27
- Check for PMC running before issuing positionError event. This avoids flooding the event log with unnecessary events when the PMC is intentionally turned off.
- GCS Version 2.0.4B2 (090109)
- changed the way star verification cycles are counted to ensure to be independent from external thread delays
- added logging the distance of the GS to the hotspot to document star verification decision
- GCS Version 2.0.4 (090108)
- added logging results of internal and external transformations for direct comparison of results
- changed an incorrect log entry for the units of an oacontrol transformations
- modified the rad2mm conversion factor according to Jesper's email
- modified WFS_z_rms_low_order to 250.0 in AIP_L.cfg per request by Andrew and John
- bypassed a problem with all usleep calls in GCS code that return early when any signal is received by process which caused synchronization problems with the threads.
Operating System, System Configuration, TCS and Hardware Computers
TCS Servers / Workstations
- new oacserver/oacontrol library version V?.? installed on Jan-08-2009
jet computer, DSP, FPGA
TCS Subsystems and GUIs, and significant configuration files
AGw control server
- see agw-control computer entry...
AOS - Adaptive Optics
ECS - Enclosure Control
ENV - Environmental Sensors
IIF / IRS - Instrument Interface
- IIF GUI Version 1.17
- Add PMCL and PMCR to list of subsystems whose running status is checked.
- Change color from white-on-red to black-on-yellow for any mirrors that are not ready but the responsible subsystem is running. Keep the white-on-red if the subsystem is not running.
- IIF Version 5.20
- Change all "xxx.failure" events to "xxx.alert" events.
- Change "failure" to "alert" in above event descriptions.
- Support added for "UpdatePointingOrigin" command
GCS - Guiding Control
- GCS V2.0.3
- added a configuration value "internal_transformation" to AIP_L.cfg to control if GCS or oacontrol is transforming SFP to AGW generic
- added a configuration value "rad_to_mm" to convert mm SFP into radians for the AGW transformations, this is only a temporarily added value
- added code to GCS to either continue transforming coordinates to and from SFP into AGW generic in its own or by calling ocaontrol - these changes do not affect CCD coordinates to SFP conversions yet as the necessary functions are not yet implemented on the oacontrol side
- added the DD variable GuidestarCloseToHotspot to synchronize the guide thread and the acquisition or resumeGuiding procedure
- changed existing reference in the code the the temporarily used filler variable to use the GuidestarCloseToHotspot flag instead
- unified all the informational events to share the same priority level of 4
- added priorities for the command started/finished/triggered events of GCS (level 4)
- added a large amount of events (trigger & failed) to commands that didn't issue any triggered events before
LSS - Logging and Events
MCS / mcstemp - Mount Control
OSS v1.30 - Optical Support
- Changed init bit to be updated from the umac directly rather than be calculated based on the init procedure being finished or not yet executed.
- Added the ability to print out the version number of the OSS to the command line if the binary is invoked directly with the '-v' option.
- Modified event names to include the suffix 'error' for the secondary and tertiary mirrors. These are: following, amp fault, limit, and open loop error events.
- Modified command event names to reflect a more standard convention. The suffix 'finished' was changed to 'complete', 'error' was changed to 'failed', and 'warning' was added.'
- Changed display color of level 5 events from the yucky brown color that was somehow set to the more standard white.
PCS - Pointing Control
- PCS Version 3.29
- Added support for relative moves to the IIF OffsetPointing() command when the coordinate system type is OFFSET_RADEC. Previously, only absolute moves were supported.
- Added, removed, and/or improved events for a variety of commands.
- Using existing reflective memory variables which had not been fully utilized previously. These reflective memory variables are being used to support offsets done in OFFSET_RADEC space. Added new reflective memory variables as necessary.
- NOW USING - These variables represent the current requested location on the sky coordinates. These might represent a target or a target+equatorial_offset.
- NEW - This is the "base" or saved base angle associated with the requested rotator mode.
- NEW - These variables are for the base equatorial coordinates analogous to the base values for the pointing origin. These have been created in preparation for the "absorb" command for RADEC coordinates. Since the "absorb" for RADEC offsets is not part of this build, these variables are not utilized at this time.
PMC - Primary Mirror Cell
PSF - Point Spread Function
- PSF Version 5.26
- Don't double count secondary offloads to the primary.
- Issue an event if the primary position is too far from the requested collimation position.
- Add switch to disable primary focus compensation for Z11 and Z22.
SDB - Star Database
WX - Weather Station
TCS Common Software
gshmserver - global shared memory server
- Update comments.
- Add human readable date-time stamp to all SysLog messages.
- Replace function get_time() with SystemClock::getTime().
- Remove unused variable last_transmit.
- Turn on SysLog messages for drops and hellos.
- Make Sequencer::next() method wrap IDs.
- Add Sequencer::previous() to give previous sender ID.
- In method wait_and_transmit()
- Process received data packets.
- Add 10 msec delay if a token is received to prevent racing in the ring.
- In method receive_loop()
- Change recv() delay from variable to fixed 1 second since all packets wake up all computers.
- Simplify server startup by sending first token immediately after sending hello.
- Simplify token wrap-around handling with improved next() method.
- Never send data and token unless it is your turn.
- Send data and token (if your turn) when a drop myself packet is received since it was sent in lieu of a token.
- Save the previous sender so a token sequence error can be caught.
gshmmonitor - global shared memory monitor
- Lengthen listen timeout from 1 second to 2.5 seconds to span the 1 second timeout in gshmserver.
gshmconfig - global shared memory configuration
tcs_config - tcs configuration
netconfig - network configuration
- Get the subsystem start and stop timeout values from lbt.conf. Restrict the range to be between 7000 (the old value) and 100000 msec. The new default is 15000 msec.
networkserver - network server
rpcserver - remote procedure call server
rpcconfig - rpc configuration
DDEditor - Data Dictionary Editor
DDBrowser - Data Dictionary Browser
DDViewer - Data Dictionary Viewer
Instruments and Environmental Sensors
DIMM - Differential Image Monitor
IRC - Infrared Test Camera Client
LBC - LBT Binocular Camera
LBTO Weather Station - 3DWGUI
MAT - Mount Axillary Telescope
- 10 Dec 2008
Topic revision: r13 - 06 Oct 2009, NormCushing