Prev Next

SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2022-08-15

Attendees: Brandon, David, Glenn, Matthieu, Paul, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang

Outlook

Labor Reporting

Report auto-generated every Monday at 6:30am, Do not edit this table, Update your entries in smartsheets.

20220808
LR20220808 - Bec, Matthieu 40.0
LR20220808 - Mechtley, Brandon 0.0
LR20220808 - Eychaner, Glenn 40.0
LR20220808 - Edmeades, David 0.0
LR20220808 - Grenz, Paul 0.0
LR20220808 - Hooper, Stephen 0.0
LR20220808 - Zhang, Yang 40.0
LR20220808 - Zhang, Xianyu 0.0

News from management

  • new admin (Louise replacement) -> IT onboarding
  • power maintenance / generator Tue/Wed
  • SX AdSec reinstall delayed to Aug 24

Previous Action Items

Owner Action Due Date Completion Date

Open topics

  • outcome of Fri meeting
    • improving our comm with sciops and obs machines wrt. any changes and heads up
    • auto-home on obs-32bit (s?)
    • vnc management (xdmp?)
    • DLM will work on moving his ~dlmiller 'essential' scripts into s/w github/stow/etc
  • PMS rma/network

Team reports

MB

  • Last week
    • lbto-ddsclient-python, looking at IIF/DDS along the way
    • lasair III pms support
    • statserv backend, starting front end
    • obs machines meeting
    • azcam/gcs follow up, scheduled Thursday
    • MEM worries on soul-sx - probably not (misleading cached. "Fixed" with: `sync ; echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches`
  • This week

YZ

  • Previous:
    • Regular TMS and LBC work.
    • Some MODS and misc support stuff.
    • Investigating IIF/DDS Ice interface and TMS variables.
    • obs machines meeting.
  • Next:
    • Mainly focus on TMS and LBC work.
    • Continue to work on some MODS utilities.
    • May discuss TMS variables scheme in the TMS meeting.
    • Other possible misc support stuff.

DE

  • Last week
    • Got Autodesk 2020 licenses extended to 2023
      • Will transition to v. 2022 this year, as planned.
    • Google SMTP server working for now, keeping an eye on it
    • Luci compute hardware stuff
      • Capture cards definitely not Ethernet, definitely a design by MPIA, not sure what protocol they use until we hear from them.
      • Some fibers are labeled "fibrechannel", but I don't have a lot of hope that it's standard FC; the setup has two fibers that go into the Rx port of of two SFPs in the card.
      • Got the driver to compile on Centos 7.9, not so much on 8.x
    • Web edits with JS. The workflow so far has been good.
  • This week:
    • Tweak Backblaze stuff to make sure that our sunset makes sense
    • Start dogfooding Autodesk software, make sure Vault is set up for the 2022 client to connect
    • Double-check mountain Synology before end of SSD
    • Luci?

GE

  • Last week:
    • Directed the lucifer and root mail on luci.luci and lucix.luci to italerts+luci.
    • Continued discussion of the new LUCI instrument computers.
    • Met regarding the new observer computer configuration.
    • Merged IT 8684 changes, double-buffering and reduced read/save overhead changes, CUBE image save after integrated display image, and other bug fixes to LBTO/luci.
  • This week:
    • Update configuration of lucix.luci so that it is a reliable backup for luci.luci.
    • Long-standing item to merge J.Power's ahs-luci alarm handling into ahs, or at least run it from somewhere other than Jenny's account on ssh.mountain. Maybe lucix.luci?
    • Upgrade the osa-tcs TCS simulator to the latest TCS version for SHARK-NIR.
    • IT 8571, 8529 (Observer Scheduler GUI).

PSG

  • Last week
    • Out for surgery and recovery.
  • This week
    • AZCAM and work with Mike Lesser.
    • Upgrade hard drives for LMIRCAM and NOMIC cameras.

SCPH

  • SCADA system wth Dan R.
  • mountain trip
    • core switch - check, no install
    • obs rearrangement
    • particle monitor
    • printer
    • wireless in chamber
  • lists for ITGC

next:

  • mountain trip redux
  • particle monitor return, networking on the new unit
  • core switch rail order
  • computer for new admin, Cindy gets a new monitor
Topic revision: r14 - 15 Aug 2022, GlennEychaner
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback