SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2022-04-25
Attendees: Brandon, Glenn, David, Matthieu, Paul, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang
Report auto-generated every Monday at 6:30am, Do not edit this table, Update your entries in smartsheets.
| LR20220418 - Bec, Matthieu
| LR20220418 - Mechtley, Brandon
| LR20220418 - Eychaner, Glenn
| LR20220418 - Edmeades, David
| LR20220418 - Grenz, Paul
| LR20220418 - Hooper, Stephen
| LR20220418 - Zhang, Yang
| LR20220418 - Zhang, Xianyu
News from management
Previous Action Items
- What distribution should we standardize on with CentOS 7 only 2 years from EOL? Some possibilities.
- Last week
- OC, Management, ATT, AOSWSYS
- DMS dimm pre-2015, satellite avoidance charts
- OT/PIT/web obsdev meeting
- it8573-luci-hangs-after-ao-loops-closed (slack) logs investigation
- This week
- board, GMT M1 review
- LBTI mongo ingest
- mongo archive cron
- ARGOS github synch (Lorenzo?)
- aorev_git dx asm, others ctd.
- Monday: Jury duty, result: not selected
- Working with SE on LBTI Google Workspace migration
- Nothing as of this morning, I'll poke him so we don't get behind the curve on this.
- IssueTrak notificaiton problem
- Opened ticket with IT; they are looking into it
- SA reported a good notification over the weekend
- IT responded, found a bug and reported it to the dev team.
- They also note that HTML email would avoid the problem but understand that we choose plain text on purpose
- Mac Mini ready to go, will install ASAP
- Some discussions on TMS calculations with Andrew.
- Working on a TMS software update (to be released soon).
- Some issuetraks (mods1data freeze, LBC guiding, TCS shared memory).
- Complete TMS software update and work with Heejoo to schedule a test.
- Work on revise some of the TCS patching/release document.
- Continue some of the issuetraks work (perhaps meeting with Olga for some LBC/MODS discussions).
- Last week:
- Look at different versions of AZCAM software
- Talk to Gustavo about different people who should know about new ARGOS interface.
- NOMIC, LMIRCAM testing with updated software.
- Started updating SHARKNIR software with new buffer length parameter.
- This week:
- Finish SHARKNIR update.
- Finish AZCAM software inspection.
- Address some concerns Gustavo has about powering ON/OFF the white light source.
- Last week:
- Finished upgrading my TCS VM to the latest version. Improved the TCS build system, added my TCS build notes to README.md, and submitted a pull request.
- The 2021A TCS and the LUCI software can be built and run on the latest CentOS 7 release (7.9.2009). Perhaps this summer shutdown we should schedule IT time to update?
- Discussed with Instruments and SciOps when to clean the LUCI database disk space (IT 8454), as the disk is now 90% full. Possibly May 14-21.
- Further discussed and investigated IT 8573 (RunAO timing out), in an attempt to reach a conclusion.
- Investigated the LUCI detector error reported 17-Apr-2022 3:49AM by B.Rothberg (IT 8603), and sent the system journal logs to R.Mather.
- Resolved LUCI ITs 8619, 8621, and 8622.
- Installed and configured
vncserver (TigerVNC) in my LUCI simulator and
isola-luci (also updated to the latest CentOS 7) for testing vs. X2Go.
- This week:
- Create a test case in my simulated TCS for IT 8573.
- Work on Observer Scheduler GUI (IT 8571, 8529).
- I will be taking half days (possibly full days) off work Friday Apr 29 and Monday May 2, and possibly Thursday Apr 28.
- Last week:
- PR for IT 8602, copleyctrl out of range movement error reporting (tested in VM)
- PR for IT 8553, agw_power device wait for operating status (tested with JCG)
- PR thAOApp cleanup MsgD connection on exit
- AO SW meeting - planning for interrupted offset tests
- Monday LBTI tests with Amali and Juan Carlos:
- IT 8556: "uninterruptible" aoarbitrator commands worked OK. Tested during DEC?
- IT 8556: interrupted offsets: collected optical loop data with masterdiagnostic fix.
- IT 8602: bayside out of range movement error tested, worked OK, ready for DEC checkout
- AdSecArbitrator command thread safety issue debugging
- Rest of the week:
- Tucson network problems seem to be resolved
- Archive meeting
- UITS CatNet, backup box
- Created pipeline.pepsi.lbto.org
- Created solidworker.tucson.lbto.org
- Played with SAMBA AD, but ended up adding DNS entries to 10.130.134.4 to point to our old 2008 AD
- Dan Rapoza's SCADA questions, network questions
- LBC bsci problems
- Dropped mountain network complaints from VATT, ASC needs to be accessible to them.
- Core switches
- Room 507 upgrades
- Move shell to hv01 and upgrade to a newer Fedora.