Prev Next

SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2021-10-04

Attendees: Brandon, David, Glenn, Matthieu, Paul, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang

Outlook

Labor Reporting

Report auto-generated every Monday at 6:30am, Do not edit this table, Update your entries in smartsheets.

20210920
LR20210920 - Bec, Matthieu 80.0
LR20210920 - Mechtley, Brandon 40.0
LR20210920 - Eychaner, Glenn 40.0
LR20210920 - Edmeades, David 72.0
LR20210920 - Grenz, Paul 32.0
LR20210920 - Hooper, Stephen 80.0
LR20210920 - Zhang, Yang 80.0
LR20210920 - Zhang, Xianyu 85.0

News from management

Previous Action Items

Owner Action Due Date Completion Date

Open topics

  • VPN account for Chris Howk

Team reports

MB

  • Last week
    • OC, Management
    • SOUL new pause/resume meeting and discussions
    • DMS websocket demo with AC
  • This week
    • ATT PM#8
    • git/github "policy" (= philosophy slides) for new staff

YZ

  • Previous:
    • New image notification program (some tests locally, email to Al with questions for archive).
    • Finished a MODS WCS program (installed pyfits instead of astropy on centos7, other things worked okay, but needs to verify results with instrument people).
    • TMS meeting, discussion, and software work.
  • Next:
    • New image notification program discuss to continue.
    • Try to find some time to verify the MODS WCS program (maybe with Olga and Dave).
    • TMS work to continue.
    • Some misc LBC/MODS work if have time.
    • Maybe work with Paul on Argos swingarm tests/debugging.

DE

  • Backup server upgrades. Hardware good, doing the update dance.
  • KVM creds sorted and recorded. I was using it to monitor the long server reboots as updates were applied
  • VPN account for Chris Howk
    • He did submit an item to the spreadsheet, but on Wednesday which is a bit tight.
    • Spreadsheet traffic is very noisy; lots of entries for whch no IT action is needed. We've also had cases in which the request comes by email first, with no user contact info.
    • Procedure change? Should the person requesting the account email us directly, with their LBT contact person in CC?
  • Rofin control computer
    • Looked at it. It's a rackmount case with computery stuff in. Hopefully it'll fit in the cubby.
    • Robert has lots of ideas about IT involvement with this hardware replacement. Are we clear on our role?
  • Mountain Synology Volume 6 filling up.
  • VM work for Glenn and Brandon--you two all set?

GE

  • Last week
    • Digging through the 550,000 lines of code of the LUCI system.
    • Started experimenting with incorporating Aladin v11 instead of Aladin v10.
    • Rewatched the Igor LUCI handoff videos.
  • This week
    • Digging through the 550,000 lines of code of the LUCI system.

SH

  • mountain calls for a couple of nights
  • laptop hardware work
  • UA risk management and Louise for second week
  • Jim Wiese's problems with Google, Autodesk, etc.
  • DNS pushes to Git
  • PSF problems, dead RPC server, LeRoy
next:
  • DIMM
  • UITS switches
  • RADIUS into git

BM

  • Last week:
    • (updated smartsheet this morning--I have reminders now)
    • Got adsec dev VM running, ao-supervisor compiling.
    • AO SW technical meeting, AOG meeting
    • Started figuring out where to put new pause/resume command code in WFS/AO arbitrators w/Matthieu, Alfio
  • This week:
    • New AO pause/resume routines.
    • Logging fixes: continue logging other diagnostic data after Switch BCU timeout.
    • AO data migration: work with IT to set up new Tucson ao-analysis VM, use rsync to migrate telemetry data from {sx,dx}adsec to Tucson NAS.
    • Other AO logging issues in GH.

PSG

  • Last week:
    • Finished coding changes to OSS
  • This week:
    • Trying to get telescope time to test said changes.

This topic: Software > MeetingMinutes20211004
Topic revision: 04 Oct 2021, PaulGrenz
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback