SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2021-09-27
Attendees: Brandon, David, Glenn, Matthieu, Paul, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang
Report auto-generated every Monday at 6:30am, Do not edit this table, Update your entries in smartsheets.
| LR20210920 - Bec, Matthieu
| LR20210920 - Mechtley, Brandon
| LR20210920 - Eychaner, Glenn
| LR20210920 - Edmeades, David
| LR20210920 - Grenz, Paul
| LR20210920 - Hooper, Stephen
| LR20210920 - Zhang, Yang
| LR20210920 - Zhang, Xianyu
News from management
Previous Action Items
- Last week
- OC, Management
- dms m1surf fix unanimated updates
- ATT PM
- ao data/analysis discussion with BM
- inotify discussion with YZ
- IT8479 (radar offline), tcs-web wda.sh git update
- IT expenditures mid Oct (after board meeting)
- PG recruitment moving along 5-7 days
- This week
- git/github "policy" (= philosophy slides) for new staff
- ao-analysis moving fwd
- ao / att with BM
- SWG reports, overdue
- IT8470 pmc/thermal repeated telemetry
- Some work on new image notification program (some discussion with MB).
- Work on MODS WCS keywords program.
- Patched DMS to enable wcs client (wcs database collection now being populated).
- TMS meeting, some discussion, and software work.
- Continue work on new image notification program (and initiate some discussion with Al and Archive Group).
- Continue to work on MODS WCS keywords program.
- Some other misc MODS work.
- Take a look at the DMS mongodb init program (and possibly extend it).
- Continue some TMS work.
- Work with Paul on Argos swingarm test/debug, if we get telescope time.
- VM clone work for BM, GE
- Still nothing on the Windows server thing, followed up with Cindy this morning
- Reprise going in to work on backup server
- Various user account tasks
- IssueTrak new feature: OAUTH integration. Discussed with IT, probably more trouble than it's worth.
- Will prep vendor lists for Synology purchase so it's ready to go if/when we get the greenlight
- Luci md125: for sure was a transient?
- Last week:
- AO gain=0 test scripts, following testing/discussion.
- Updated diagnostic dump parsing scripts to be used interactively.
- Discussed AO data backup process with MB/XZ.
- AO DD headers: delved into AO ICE implementation, WFS magnitude calculation.
- This week:
- I'm in Tucson now (new Zoom background).
- Set up AO development VMs (for real this time).
- Take care of ao-supervisor logging issues.
- ao-analysis VM/data migration.
- Continue following AO investigation.
- Play more with AO ICE, getting DMS data (for ao-datasystems).
- Last week:
- Went down a lot of rabbit holes, unfortunately.
- Met with AO regarding LUCI image FITS headers and data dictionary.
- Installed TCS and LUCI VMs copied by DE on my laptop.
- Changed my home network from 10.0.0.x to 10.0.7.x so it doesn't overlap the telescope private network.
- Started investigating and fixing the LUCI issues.
- Checked everything out of GitHub with a proper fork-and-clone.
- Changed from Eclipse to IntelliJ IDEA CE. The LUCI GitHub doesn't contain the project files for any IDE anyway.
- This week:
- Continue working on LUCI issues.
- Jim laptop, Mark software, Lenovo support
- OVMS telemetry
- UITS switches
- VPN issues with Windows
- UA risk management with Louise
- info page