SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2021-08-16
Attendees: Brandon, David, Glenn, Matthieu, Paul, Stephen, Yang
Report auto-generated every Monday at 6:30am, Do not edit this table, Update your entries in smartsheets.
| LR20210809 - Bec, Matthieu
| LR20210809 - Edmeades, David
| LR20210809 - Grenz, Paul
| LR20210809 - Hooper, Stephen
| LR20210809 - Zhang, Yang
| LR20210809 - Zhang, Xianyu
News from management
Previous Action Items
- mountain power "outage" Tue-17
- Last week
- OC, Management, ATT PM
- on-boarding preps Glenn, Brandon
- update 2021B SWG support cal
- AO SX s/w
- This week
- on-boarding Glenn, Brandon
- ATT / SWG monthly reports
- f34/jenkins iterations, dms mountain mongodb
- Upgrading OSCO/Cravat background process (VM upgraded to 4 cores by Stephen!)
- MODS KVM did not get installed.
- Worked on some MODS WCS related topics (plan approved by Rick/OSU team)
- Communicated recent MODS user software refactoring and some issues to the OSU team.
- TMS meeting and some data processing work for Andrew and Heejoo.
- Working on some more tweaks for the OSCO/Cravat process.
- MODS KVM installation (hopefully).
- Start working on implementing the MODS WCS plan.
- Work on a minimal simple MODS RPM package for the MODS user software on newer Fedora obs machines.
- Depending on OSU team's response, we may have more work to do.
- Glenn and Brandon hardware, missing Brandon's PC still
- Wipe and store ex-Shane and ex-Michelle laptops
- Replace SSD in VM2
- Quick test of 530 and 538 observing stations; looked good to me, any complaints from users?
- Ketiv Vault upgrade planning
- Decided to spin new VM with 'doze server 2016
- Waiting for download permissions, will follow up today
- Software help for Smithwright; no feedback as of now, will follow up
- Google finally sent ME a message about data transfer completion/failed. No indication that it did anything drastic to the shared documents. Email worked great, so I'm not sure if we should turn off the option.
- Summit power tomorrow
- VMWare pricing
- Autodesk software licensing--they have been having major backend issues.
- A little work on VMs
- Work on mountain DNS
- Finish LDAP
- Finish mountain DNS
- Desktop computer (into work today).
- Last week
- Coordinated with Gustavo, testing in the lab will occur today or tomorrow.
- Used time to go over code in OSS.
- This week
- Testing in lab.
- Possibly going to mountain on the 20th to update swing arm controller.