Prev Next

SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2020-08-10

Attendees: David, Igor, Matthieu, Stephen, Trey, Xianyu, Yang

Outlook

Labor Reporting

Report auto-generated every Monday at 6:30am, Do not edit this table, Update your entries in smartsheets.

20200727
LR20200727 - Bec, Matthieu 80.0
LR20200727 - Holmberg, Carl 40.0
LR20200727 - Edmeades, David 65.0
LR20200727 - Sola, Igor 64.0
LR20200727 - Hooper, Stephen 80.0
LR20200727 - Bryant, Trey 51.0
LR20200727 - Zhang, Yang 88.0
LR20200727 - Zhang, Xianyu 64.0

News from management

  • UITS visit at the summit to prepare VoIP Wed-12

Previous Action Items

Owner Action Due Date Completion Date

Open topics

Tip of the day

Team reports

YZ

  • Previous:
    • TMS work (meeting, "robs" environment discussion with Matthieu, software dev, preparing for the next test).
    • Support Mike Gardiner's SSD M3 UMAC work.
  • Next:
    • Prepare for the next TMS comprehensive test (tentative Wednesday 4pm - 6pm (or 8pm), "robs" check, last minute software dev, TMS Matrix/Ciddor calculation verification etc.)
    • Some AO-Cravat work if have time.
    • Need to start a wiki page summarizing Mike Gardiner's M3 UMAC work preparation.

DE

  • Synology work
    • DSM upgrade
      • Good QoL upgrades: much more info about what is happening, better drive health info
      • Annoying changes: can't access passive unit via ssh anymore
    • Drive swap
      • Rebuild finished soon
      • Bad disk light actually works now!
      • Indication that another drive is on its way out
    • DSM upgrade seems to have stopped replication errors
  • VM moves started
  • 507 Macs lookup, plans for use in progress
  • Helped Trey with VPN/VM issues
  • New Veeam contact (sigh.....) who is working on CDW for notional recurring costs.
Next:
  • Order new 8TB spare drive.
  • Work on Seagate account to set new address for replacement drives
  • Cisco training
  • Finish VM moves
  • Google rolling out Meet integration with GMail mobile; disabling this is non obvious, but I can help if anyone complains about it
  • Port security meeting

MB

  • Last week
    • OC, Management
    • Recruitment screening
    • PE's
    • demo gui for b/w tests - bug fixes
    • fiber follow-up
    • safety training
    • update ims ggroups with owners
  • This week
    • Recruitment screenings recap and next step
    • PE's complete
    • remote obs b/w tests with JP
    • PEPSI new servers-up
    • UITS wired security
    • DMS
      • websockets, AdSec, etc.
      • LBC stiched png preview
      • max_bytes for ovms

XZ

  • Last week
    • Vacation on Monday
    • PB action items
    • ATT KoM meeting
    • DX AdSec Fastlink issue document and dicussion
  • This week
    • Safety training
    • PB action items
    • DX AdSec Fastlink issue meeting
    • Working on DX AdSec Fastlink issue?

SH

  • Power down and power up
  • UITS wired network. Impromptu meeting with Carlos and CJ Friday.
  • kickstart and obs1/robs,rm* consolidations. Github kickstart.
  • Drops reported by UTIS (need to check with EB)
  • Tucson, mountain DNS reconciliation
  • meetings

next:

  • UITS wired network discussions Wed/Thu
  • Associate LDAP scripts and population. Web for password changes, sponsors?
  • Lots of meetings today
  • Desktop computers

TB

  • Finishing up demo code
  • started with jupyter
  • started reading LBT Project PDF
next:
  • Continue with Jupyter and reading
  • other next steps?

ISS

Last week:
  • LUCI
    • Have a fix ready for the Mask Upload issue #8154. Basically made the MOS and instrument services to listen to a new MASK UPLOAD event, that will be raised every time a mask exchange takes place. Upon receiving the event these services will update their respective caches. I tried to use minimal thread locking for this. The fix is ready, I just need to finish the documenting it, particularly the "how to test it part"
    • About the new WebIO for LUCI. Originally it uses a CGI/REST like API. One of the things we pass is a password. Really for us the only reason to do that is that someone doesn't turn on/off something inadvertently. Well the password part doesn't work for me so I'm going to reach out to the WEBIO support to see if they can help me on this.

This week:
  • Safety Training
  • LUCI
    • Finish mask exchange issue.
    • Finish configuration of LUCI WebIO
  • PIT
    • Work with Michelle on new PIT release
    • Work on ways to apply an RPM to it, even though the PIT might not be the best example application but it should be very similar to the OT.

TB

  • Last week
    • Finishing up demo code
      • resolving scatter/colormap issue
      • plotting RMS values separately (have their own y-axis)
    • Starting with Jupyter notebooks migrating over code
    • Getting started on LBT project PDF reading
  • This week
    • Jupyter
    • Further reading
Topic revision: r12 - 10 Aug 2020, MatthieuBec
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback