Prev Next

SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2020-06-29

Attendees: Carl, David, Igor, Matthieu, Stephen, Trey, Xianyu, Yang

Outlook

Labor Reporting

Report auto-generated every Monday at 6:30am, Do not edit this table, Update your entries in smartsheets.

20200615
LR20200615 - Bec, Matthieu 80.0
LR20200615 - Holmberg, Carl 72.0
LR20200615 - Edmeades, David 40.0
LR20200615 - Sola, Igor 33.0
LR20200615 - Hooper, Stephen 80.0
LR20200615 - Zhang, Yang 80.0
LR20200615 - Zhang, Xianyu 80.0

News from management

Previous Action Items

Owner Action Due Date Completion Date

Open topics

  • CentOS8 - vs. fedora, scientificlinux, RHEL - EPEL and homebrewed repos - exploring new directions.

Team reports

MB

  • Last week
    • OC, Management
    • Recrutiment policy and working group
    • DMS f30/31 rollback
    • RPM/CI short tutorial
    • TMS CoDR GMT
  • This week
    • PE's
    • Trey's induction
    • S/W review committee
    • TMS review report
    • Espresso SPIE review
    • DMS
      • websockets, AdSec, etc.
      • LBC stiched png previewfigure
      • max_bytes for ovms
      • merge IMS into DMS

DE

  • DMS ks
    • OS install good
    • Small RPM issues, fixed
    • Certificate chain setup
  • LF new computer order
    • Accessories arrive tomorrow, computer next Monday
  • Mac Mini
    • SW install almost done
    • Will drop at office when complete
  • JC new machine ordered
    • He'll handle restoring from backup, shouldn't be a problem
  • Luci doc edits
  • PIT logrotate; low traffic is making the logs take a long time to hit the rotation threshold.
    • Threshold hit, works as expected with both compress and delaycompress specified. Will add cp/rsync move script to postrotate section.
  • Cisco training
    • Getting into labs, really cool setup
  • Eval form; how do we best contextualize previous goals with C19?

YZ

  • Previous:
    • TMS work (meeting, wiki, software).
    • AO-Cravat work (wiki and software).
  • Next:
    • Continue TMS work (wiki, software design, meeting etc).
    • Continue AO-Cravat work (wiki and software dev).
    • Performance evaluation.
    • Safety training if time permits.

XZ

  • Last week
    • 4D/SOUL/LBTI operation support
    • Power Backplane action items
    • Move AO data to NAS
    • SX AdSec Act#358,355,263 daily plots
    • OSA Virtual conference on Imaging and Applied Optics
    • Meetings
  • This week
    • Merge new4D to SOUL master?
    • Power Backplane action items
    • AO operation support

SH

  • Docker cleanup
  • CentOS 8 RPMs (again)
  • worked on VPN (not very much)
  • worked on Satellite (not very much), weather display, schedule
  • kickstart CentOS 8 (needs some work)
  • fix NFS RPM

next:

  • RPMs for DMS, DMS SSL
  • CentOS 8 finish
  • VPN finish
  • satellite finish

IS

Last week:
  • PIT
    • PIT admin tool backend work. Some progress in the front end part and backend authorization login/page and API.

This week:
  • Safety Training
  • LUCI
    • Partner with Barry/Dave on testing #IT7952?
    • work on configuration of LUCI WebIO, the HTTP GET api seems to be the same but on this device seems to be not consistent. Have to work a bit more on it. David E. provided support for network installation and backup configuration if needed.
  • PIT
    • Last week dedicated to PIT admin tool work.
  • OT
    • Partner with Andrew to work on MODS XSLT

CH

This topic: Software > WebHome > MeetingMinutes20200629
Topic revision: 29 Jun 2020, CarlHolmberg
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback