SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2020-05-04
Attendees: Carl, David, Igor, Matthieu, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang
Report auto-generated every Monday at 6:30am, Do not edit this table, Update your entries in smartsheets.
| LR20200420 - Bec, Matthieu
| LR20200420 - Holmberg, Carl
| LR20200420 - Edmeades, David
| LR20200420 - Sola, Igor
| LR20200420 - Hooper, Stephen
| LR20200420 - Zhang, Yang
| LR20200420 - Zhang, Xianyu
News from management
Previous Action Items
- tcs test status and next action
- fedora 31
- AO training sessions - 3:00-4:30 daily this week
Starting today, and extending through Friday, May 8th, Doug, Jenny, Shane, Greg, and I will be conducting a five day course of instruction covering the LBT adaptive optics (AO) system. The course is organized as follows:
Day 1 - An introduction to adaptive optics (Al)
Day 2 - FLAO - The LBT AO system for LUCI (Doug)
Day 3 - FLAO continued [Doug] + AO operational web pages (Greg)
Day 4 - LBTI AO - Differences from FLAO (Jenny)
Day 5 - The AO On-Sky Check-Out Program (Shane)
Each session will take place from 3:00 to 4:30 on zoom5:
Course material can be found on the LBTO wiki here:
All LBTO staff members are invited to attend.
We look forward to seeing you today at 3:00 PM.
- Last week
- OC, Management
- phone interview, new ad for senior
- git renaming for AO-supervisor/confcalib
- sci-arc meeting. Clarification for SHARK-VIS: once in Tucson, just a buffer for netwrok transfer to Italy.
- ARGOS meeting, UAO/SOUL work needed
- ROWG#6 settle on 42"+ configs, 2 flats, 1 curved 49" less pixels - draft remote operation requirement document
- Observatory planning restat, 3 options
- This week
- remote operation requirement document
- weather loss, websockets, AdSec, etc.
- LBC stiched png preview
- SHARK-VIS new IIF document and clarify DD entries for SOUL
- follow up student ad
- cobbler / kickstart, ims f30
- Last week
- Finalize the PB action items template with Guido
- Prepare merge UAO to SOUL, thanks to Yang and Matthieu for giving git information.
- PB SW/HW
- This week
- Start working on PB action items
- Merge UAO to SOUL
- Review the slopeBCU document
- PB SW/HW
- Veeam license quote request (agent model for oVirt)
- Looked at Autodesk licensing
- From my perspective it looks fine
- Hearing rumblings about licensure failings; investigating
- Re-ran SMART test on Synology disk that was complaining; definitely showing pre-fail now. Still not critical, but we should replace it next time IT is in Steward
- Student account creation for JH optics student
- Tracked Robert down to investigate Vault client issue
- Software got into a bad install state; genuinely did not work to the point that I couldn't uninstall it
- Ketiv offered a possible solution in a MS force uninstaller tool
- Watiting on Robert to have another remote session
- Safety training
- Veeam backup tweaks to skip deprecated VMs
- Vibration laptop work and handoff to Peter
- KVM troubleshooting ongoing
- Send training request to orders@
- LeRoy came through with good images of luci.luci
- Confirmed that Luci interface cards are PCIe x1, good for future upgrades
- Plenty of available slots for RAID card
- Individual SATA cables into backplane, will use SFF-8087 --> 4x SATA adapter cable from RAID card
- Campus network outage tomorrow (5 May) morning 0430-0730
- "may" experience interruptions to campus resources
- Given that we are WFH, it is unlikely to have significant impact on our users
- AO-Cravat Python code update and some investigation.
- modsAlign (Python3 updating and xpaget refactoring).
- MODS WCS header discussion with Olga (and Rick).
- Follow up on TMS Mathematica questions (Got some new info from Andrew on weekend).
- More safety training courses appeared!
- This week:
- More work on AO-Cravat (Python code update and start to look into document generation).
- Continue modsAlign refactoring work.
- Review Andrew's new TMS information and come up with some plan on TMS software.
- Discuss with Olga on MODS WCS header plan.
- Follow up on TCS/IIF VCAN document with Robert (he says he's having some trouble with VCAN).
- AO daily training session.
- Finish some safety training.
- DMS: updated description file generator, began related changes to imonnit ingest script.
- DMS: complete imonnit ingest changes.
- OA Control: Research software changes needed for encoder support binary output instead of Gray code.
- Worked on PIT admin tool (authorization)
- MODS twilights issues on scrip generation.
- Fix on LUCI lamps xml. Luci requires to have a complete and populated lamps/lamp array. The fix was not to remove the lamps element but the extra observation item we use to insert in LUCI lamp calibrations
- Look more in detail on the GEIRS software.
- Trying to get the LUCI server environment working in mac, thought of using docker but exposing RMI ports via docker might be an issue, will do a VM instead.
- If I find some time, work on the PIT admin tool backend.
- work with Andrew on current test OT release issues
- Get the LUCI server environment working in mac.
- Once I get the previous point to work, get on #IT7952 an RTD/Aladin GUI issue.
- Look into LUCI WebIO device configuration.
- re-wiring in Tucson computer room
- moved abell, but cannot run it permanently
- consolidate cveillet-shell on to shell
- monitor/keyboard/mouse for Jim
- network UPS Tucson
- Cindy iPad
- campus network upgrade tomorrow
- DNS and abell to ovirt
- web camera access for MGIO
- more Tucson wiring now that UITS is done
- creation of new private network.