Prev Next

SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2020-03-30

Attendees: Carl, David, Igor, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang

Outlook

Labor Reporting

Report auto-generated every Monday at 6:30am, Do not edit this table, Update your entries in smartsheets.

20200309
LR20200309 - Bec, Matthieu 80.0
LR20200309 - Holmberg, Carl 41.0
LR20200309 - Edmeades, David 0.0
LR20200309 - Sola, Igor 72.0
LR20200309 - Hooper, Stephen 80.0
LR20200309 - Zhang, Yang 75.0
LR20200309 - Zhang, Xianyu 98.0

20200323
LR20200323 - Bec, Matthieu 40.0
LR20200323 - Holmberg, Carl 40.0
LR20200323 - Edmeades, David 0.0
LR20200323 - Sola, Igor 40.0
LR20200323 - Hooper, Stephen 80.0
LR20200323 - Zhang, Yang 38.0
LR20200323 - Zhang, Xianyu 40.0

News from management

  • Tucson shutdown in May (8h?)
  • SHARK-VIS PAE

Previous Action Items

Owner Action Due Date Completion Date

Open topics

Team reports

MB

  • Last week
    • f31 on jenkins
    • review SHARK-VIS documentation
    • activities c19 planning
  • This week
    • ROWG restart
    • SHARK-VIS PAE
    • IT weekly meet-up (new fiber run, etc.)
    • Recruitment
    • f31-ci minor issues
      • ~jenkins/.rpmmacros from ??
      • populate createrepo /nfs/10.130.134.20/lbto_systems_repository/rpms/fedora31/updates

PK

  • find git log -S to search in git diffs and git branch --contains SHA to look which branch contains given SHA commit.

YZ

  • Mostly shutdown related activies in the last week.
  • Restart some of the previous work on LBC and MODS.
  • Next:
    • Spend some time looking into LBC issues (IT#8021 and IT#7854)
    • MODS&LBC FITS header improvments discussion with Olga.
    • TMS Mathematica model to Python.
    • AO-Cravat meeting with Al Conrad (tentative on Wednesday 2pm).
    • Continue MODS Python program 64-bit compability test.
    • Complete remaining safety training.
  • Possible training/studying topics:
    • Javascript/Web??

DE

  • VMware VCenter hiccup
    • Stacksize problem; Support increased one process's memory limits fixing the problem
  • Veeam stuck on one VM, vcenter01, that is not currently needed
    • Forced shutdown of VM
    • Veeam still stuck on an operation, attempted reboot of vmmgr
    • Reboot stuck, heading in tonight to power cycle
  • While I'm in this evening, anyone need any physical interaction with anything?
  • Looking for a CCNA course to do while in shutdown
  • Added Luci.luci/lucix SSD upgrades to possible task list; thoughts?
  • Steady trickle of VPN-related help, all resolved so far.
  • SHARK-Vis data management discussion
  • Zoom/Facebook login kerfluffle; resolved by Zoom
  • CR temp monitoriing solution

CH

  • Last week
    • Assisted J. Wiese w/ VPN setup, directed to IT for further support.
    • AHS, committed LBTI client code to AHS. Reorganized related INDI code for commit.
    • DMS, committed sample frequency fix, belately added new sensors.
    • Safety training.
  • This week
    • ARGOS, fix build on Jenkins, initial work to isolate GUI from back end.
    • AHS, repackage INDI library and commit.
  • Long summer project:
    • Rehost azcamsvr from Windows to Linux.
  • Training topics:
    • C++ refresher.

XZ

  • Last week
    • shutdown related activies
    • few ITs and AO plan
    • document power backplane action items
    • SOUL SW requirements for power backplane SW
  • This week
    • power backplane

SH

  • Meetings
  • Final shutdown of most machines
  • OVMS reconfiguration
  • User VPN issues, hotspot issues, access issues
  • Telemetry push reconfiguration
  • SSL certificate updates for Wiki and for vpn.tucson (vpn due April 4th).

next:

  • DNS/DHCP for mountain temporary use
  • oVirt (config machines into two clusters, add management networks, move HDDs for convergence)
  • AllSky

IS

Last week:
  • PIT
    • Working on italian PIT bugs and issues
  • LUCI
    • getting the latest backup from the luci database and shutdown.

This week:
  • PIT
    • Keep working on the PIT issues. Mostly on a GUI issue. A dialog box with an unexpected behavior.
    • Release by tomorrow or the day after
    • Keep working on the PIT admin tool backend.
Topic revision: r20 - 30 Mar 2020, MatthieuBec
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback