SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2020-03-09
Attendees: David, Matthieu, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang
Report auto-generated every Monday at 6:30am, Do not edit this table, Update your entries in smartsheets.
| LR20200224 - Bec, Matthieu
| LR20200224 - Holmberg, Carl
| LR20200224 - Edmeades, David
| LR20200224 - Sola, Igor
| LR20200224 - Hooper, Stephen
| LR20200224 - Zhang, Yang
| LR20200224 - Zhang, Xianyu
News from management
- COVID-19 and travel limitations
- new office plan layout, return to 5th floor
Previous Action Items
- DX hexapod for ASM tbc. Wednesday
- state of the aluminizing PC?
- UITS reloc?
- Updated LBC tech chip move script (will create github pull request).
- Completed a draft MODS data cleaning script (IT#8061), tested it with Olga (works well, have a few enhancements to make, a question: will a permanent NFS mount on MODS data machine cause stability issues? since MODS data machines are critical MODS equipments).
- AO-Cravat meeting with Al Conrad (discussed about automated report generation, currently ELab IDL code is the hardest part).
- Safety training.
- Next to do:
- Review Al's existing AO-Cravat OSCO data processing material and prepare for a next discussion.
- Organize existing C and Python code for Strehl calculation.
- Follow up with Olga regarding MODS data cleaning.
- Work with Olga on MODS 64-bit programs issues.
- Look at LBC IT#7854 (Possibility of turning off HK via UI while all other systems are still ON).
- Get a trial Mathematica for TMS stuffs.
- Summit laptop almost ready to go up
- User setup for Wiki; do we need any restricted pages to be available?
- Veeam steady state
- VMHost1 array rebuilt
- VMHost2 array rebuild this week, pending receipt of new SSD
- AB laptop arrived
- Mac Mini delivery delayed; CoViD-19 related?
- Nasty malware vector masquerading as a certificate problem, Windows/OSX payload: https://www.zdnet.com/article/backdoor-malware-is-being-spread-through-fake-security-certificate-alerts/
- VMHost1 reboot to clear consolidation problems/upgrade hypervisor after 2's array rebuilt
- USB-3 fiber extender optics module not changeable; gave thread to LeRoy.
- Last week
- OC, WPC, management
- board interview
- dms (ovms psd, asm, refmem, misc.)
- Shark-VIS AT review
- This week
- Remote Ops and current pandemic, particularly affecting our Italians partners
- swgdev01 ks f30
- dms ASM with XZ
- Last week:
- AHS: Added write to EPICS for state change to LBTI AHS client.
- This week:
- toyed with DMS to replace wda.sh
- SSL certs for wiki.lbto.org, VPNs
- replaced video card in 507-3, switched 507-1 to using X
- obs4 issues
- ssh keys
- fiber meeting
- discussion with DR about machine for Ignition
- moving back to five
- more DMS and info stuff
- look a little more into Xpra
- upgrade DNS