SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2020-02-10
Attendees: Carl, David, Igor, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang
Report auto-generated every Monday at 6:30am, Do not edit this table, Update your entries in smartsheets.
| LR20200127 - Bec, Matthieu
| LR20200127 - Holmberg, Carl
| LR20200127 - Edmeades, David
| LR20200127 - Sola, Igor
| LR20200127 - Kubanek, Petr
| LR20200127 - Hooper, Stephen
| LR20200127 - Zhang, Yang
| LR20200127 - Zhang, Xianyu
News from management
- AO lead interviews
- S/W posts moving into the new system
Previous Action Items
|| Due Date
|| Completion Date
|| Summit Veam Backup (soul-telemetry, etc) + bring back VM2 until PEPSI/VM arrives
|| Luci passwords in google doc
- IRTC server on obs1 (rpm)
- aluminizing PC check
- NAS status
- IssueTrak, rm507-1/x e.g., handling IT8050
- umac s/w contact for M2 hexapod
- Last week
- OC, WPC, Management
- AHS on hydrogen/ioc.mountain
- TMS kickoff
- sciarc zoominar
- This week
- RemoteOps kickoff
- AR TMS user stories kickoff
- Argos cal source and alarms follow-up
- masking alarms in ALH e.g. DX adsec, but others
- expresso machine sticker
- safety courses
- TCS ITs review with PK and YZ
- DMS developments
- 2020B patch
- PCS patch for TTL constructors
- SX? M3 support
- DX M2 hexapod support
- almost finished Malaga paper
- MPB refreshed and ready for assignment
- UA hazmat team will collect swollen LiIon batteries
- Summit emergency laptop arrived, configuring routes
- Computer for Alexander Becker ordered; long lead time from Lenovo
- Tucson Synology activities
- 2 drives showing remapped sectors; swapping one at a time
- Unresponsive Thurs evening, logs not illuminating
- Reboot caused primary unit swap, rebuilding continued in background
- Disk kicked from array on RS1 (now passive unit), unknown cause but it appears to have been transient. Rebuilding on original disk. Positive progress as of Fri afternoon.
- Ordered spare 1TB SSD, holding off on swap until above rebuild is done to minimize load
- Ordered spare 8TB drive; Seagate charges nonrefundable fee for advance replacement program; I'd rather spend money on a thing we get to keep.
- Veeam licensing options investigate
- I don't see a reason to upgrade at this time. Some nice features, but our needs are not complex and saving ~$3k seems like the logical choice
- Adding a node license verified by Veeam rep to work with our existing install
- OVIRT VM work stays on the list
- Last week
- Power Backplane meeting with Roberto
- Send PBP meeting notes to Guido
- Supoort SOUL
- DX AdSec issue analysis and tests
- DX AdSec reseating and swap with rigid AdSec
- This week
- Remote support DX AdSec test in the lab
- Power Backplane?
- Follow up with Olga on MODS file checksum script (cron job setup, may need to create new alert email alias).
- Investigate LBC daily file moving script (script appeared to be in github, will speak with Igor and then plan to update it).
- Some TCS and PCS test preparation.
- TMS kick off meeting.
- Investigate some TCS ECS GUI issues (instrument cooling alarm color issue).
- upgraded two rm507 machines
- LBC KVM and LBC with Leroy
- removed cron ssh/web rsync dependency from telemetry transportation
- moved obs1 to local "/usr/local" rather than NFS shared "/usr/local".
- Tucson Synology lock up hard reboot.
- IRS exploration (brief)
- upgrade NUCs
- re-kick hydrogen, name change
- rm507 computer work
- remote observing meeting?
- AGW: Write IT to fix AGW firmware address conflict.
- AHS: HBS alert TCS changes deployed.
- ARGOS: IT6224, initial discussion with Gustavo Rahmer re AOS data requirements.
- Safety training.
- Support scripts: updated RB_Science based on Stack Overflow feedback.
- TCS: Shadowed PK for TCS 2020B code changes.
- AHS: follow up with LBTI re alert data collection.
- ARGOS: IT6224, follow up discussion with Gustavo Rahmer, review code data entry points.
- ARGOS: Review code for data entry points.
- Support scripts: test updated RB_Science.
- OT bug and enhancement work. Two test releases out, looking good so far probably ready to build final release this week.
- Start working on PIT enhancements
- Time Accounting Tool
- Export to excel
- Use django admin login capabilities for login and queue run program editing.