SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2019-12-09
Attendees: Andrew, Carl, Igor, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang
Report auto-generated every Monday at 6:30am, Do not edit this table, Update your entries in smartsheets.
| LR20191104 - Bec, Matthieu
| LR20191104 - Holmberg, Carl
| LR20191104 - Colson, Andrew
| LR20191104 - Edmeades, David
| LR20191104 - Sola, Igor
| LR20191104 - Kubanek, Petr
| LR20191104 - Hooper, Stephen
| LR20191104 - Zhang, Yang
| LR20191104 - Zhang, Xianyu
| LR20191118 - Bec, Matthieu
| LR20191118 - Holmberg, Carl
| LR20191118 - Colson, Andrew
| LR20191118 - Edmeades, David
| LR20191118 - Sola, Igor
| LR20191118 - Kubanek, Petr
| LR20191118 - Hooper, Stephen
| LR20191118 - Zhang, Yang
| LR20191118 - Zhang, Xianyu
| LR20191202 - Bec, Matthieu
| LR20191202 - Holmberg, Carl
| LR20191202 - Colson, Andrew
| LR20191202 - Edmeades, David
| LR20191202 - Sola, Igor
| LR20191202 - Kubanek, Petr
| LR20191202 - Hooper, Stephen
| LR20191202 - Zhang, Yang
| LR20191202 - Zhang, Xianyu
News from management
- AI capture, new WR entry format
Previous Action Items
- AHS on hydrogen
- kitchen area: ideas to propose?
- github tip: watching repos
- helped with AGW 4 testing
- IT6940 - for C/C++ group, please read the IT description, it contains details for what to watch for when using vectors in multithread application
- IT3229 - discussions with JPH
- learned you can change base branch in a pull request (changed from master to 2019B in https://github.com/LBTO/tcs/pull/120)
- PMC issue https://github.com/LBTO/tcs/pull/121
- merged & closed rotator displays pull request
- gcs/bin/cliazcam can read configuration files for CCDs, connect to simulator or mountain depending on TCSLOCALE
- #, * prefixes to address camera completed
- delete, clear commands
- IT3852 - looks similar to IT7380, code for better debugging of those problems
- IT7695 - problem on client side, closed
- IT7950 - AGW4 problem, ongoing
- Ice/IIF problems - "iif" must resolve for Ice to tcs2 to work
- lbcwindows-devel XP activation ended. Shut down for the near future, Yang is looking to see if its function is supported by Windows 10
- Synology still stuck on volume remove; support response time is glacial
- Finally responded with enough clues for us to find and kill the offending processes, after which I was able to remove the volume.
- Leroy did the swap Friday morning
- Tyler requested the ability to clear Vault checkouts as part of his cleanups. According to Ketiv/Autodesk this will require his user account to be granted some level of administrative privilege. Go/No-go?
- Mountain 4G bridging: how to draw out requirements from the users?
- Last week
- OC, WPC, Management
- completed safety trainings
- AO retreat
- AHS test with CH
- LBTI alarms email tests
- Attended SharkVIS IIF over VPN discussions. Answered very categorically: no go.
- sql zabbix closer inspection
- DMS select-all in page view
- This week
- ObsWs presentation to sciops
- DMS hashed urls, issue at startup
- AO data follow up
- DMS zabbix cleanup, one way or another
- Last week:
- Asked DE about receiving/accessing email from lbti addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. It appears we're stuck with using Gmail's API. I've prototyped a script that works with email@example.com, but I'd need someone to generate a cert to work with the swg-noreply account.
- Completed and tested a TMS laser status script. This will need a different approach, probably with a reading from a power meter, since it is failure to close the laser shutter that leads to light leaks.
- Added TMS laser and HBS pump status to ALS configuration files.
- Restarted work on a DMS telescope temperature visualization page.
- Began draft of rationale to add HBS coolant temp alert to AHS.
- Completed safety training
- This week:
- Complete AHS rationale draft.
- Demo initial DMS telescope temp viz page.
- Coordinate with Steve Ertel re INDI interaction LBTI-AHS.
- Build ARGOS arbitrator.
- Working on new 64-bit C++ version TCSSendWavefront (the older C version has some issues with current IIF/Ice).
- Working on Raritan KVM client installation for MODS (testing Jar file).
- Working with Olga to review the current LBCFPIA code (need to remove any hard-coded path values, and possibly merge multiple current locations into one).
- Will need to update the LBC skyflat wiki program (per Olga's request).
- Working on rebuilding the AO-Cravat database.
- Talked with Robert Reynolds about updating the VCAN documents.
- SOUL lab support
- AO retreat
- Power loss reaction (re-program MOXA)
- Power backplan dicussion
- AO datasystem routine check in
- Power backplane dicussion
- Re-program and test MOXA
- AGW4 troubleshooting
- OAC config file automated git commit
- ARGOS lite status GUI - tested and behaves as expected
- TODO: ARGOS satellite closure audio warning
- Vacation Thursday and Friday
- OT & PIT Went over the open ITs and queue issues.
- foundation work resubmit option to the PIT so there are no or to limit duplicates
- ongoing work on resubmission logic
- go over open issues and make an estimate of work
- Issue loading mask, wrong information in header files. Need to figure out why is that.
- Safety training
- Set up my new laptop
- ovirt -- memory on 420, IDSDM issues, install, container Linux
- docker registry -- SSL certs, NFS volumes
- parts incoming
- observatory tools first cut
- move of VMWare into new vCenter failed in Tucson.
- rm507-5, rm507-4 work
- robs disk backing
- ovirt hyperconvergence
- virtualize web1.mountain, kill the cluster.
- move "catalogs" onto hosted machine
- new hardware installs