SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2019-11-25
Attendees: Andrew, Carl, David, Igor, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang
Report auto-generated every Monday at 6:30am, Do not edit this table, Update your entries in smartsheets.
| LR20191118 - Bec, Matthieu
| LR20191118 - Holmberg, Carl
| LR20191118 - Colson, Andrew
| LR20191118 - Edmeades, David
| LR20191118 - Sola, Igor
| LR20191118 - Kubanek, Petr
| LR20191118 - Hooper, Stephen
| LR20191118 - Zhang, Yang
| LR20191118 - Zhang, Xianyu
News from management
- Payroll Processing Schedule: Time Sheets must be submitted and approved no later than 5:00 pm on Wednesday, November 27, 2019
Previous Action Items
- What is the state/report on the 64bit machine migration?
- what goals have been reached?
- who/what are we waiting for?
- next steps?
- [netmgrs] Please Share: Changes to the Microsoft Campus Agreement for Faculty and Staff
- 4D trigger test
- IDL license dicussion/test with IT
- Reponse to SOUL FLAO-like operability
- SOUL lab support
- AdSec dump cause analyze
- 4D work support
- Start setup the mountain anallyze VM
- Setup the mountain anallyze VM
- 4D test support
- AO telemetry document
- SOUL lab setup support?
- Isilon wrangling; likely to defer pending deeper understanding of our needs, direction, and the system itself
- PEPSI server order
- VMWare support re-up finally ordered
- 14TB disk test success; ordered remainder of disks for mountain Synology volume
- Sorted Facilities on projector support panel move
- IDL license investigations
- Settle on node-locked for those machines that requrie it
- Created Github repo for LBC OB GUI code (together with related documents/codes).
- Reviewed remote room machine operations regarding LBC and MODS with Olga.
- Will work on future 64-bit obs machine setup for LBC and MODS. First example will be the TCSSendWavefront.c program.
- Needs access to a Fedora30 VM?
- Did some checking on older MODS files with Olga regarding IT#7927 (MODS image corrupted during transfer). Discovered more corrupted files.
- Possible MODS software handover discussion?
- Met with Al Conrad and Steve Ertel on Friday (mainly to discuss Strehl calculation).
- Discussed briefly with Shane regarding OSCO image categorization.
- Worked with Steve on a set of real OSCO images and analyzesed how his code would work (confirmation of correct Strehl number is still pending, Shane is also supposed to provide Strehl using a different method on the same dataset).
- Due to new agreement on OSCO image metadata, will work on rebuilding a database to track OSCO image and sequence (and provide the results to Al, Steve, Shane for reference).
- Needs to rethink about some AO-Cravat interface (Al also has some new requirements as well).
- NewGCS wiki page
- azcam-sim git & Docker integration (see README.md how to run the simulator)
- azcam-sim image generation using photutils (which really rocks for astronomy image processing)
- sorted out GCS configuration nightmare - getting rid of the TCSConfig in favour of Configuration, TCSConfig is used only for GCS
- AZCam class able to connect from a config file, read in intialization
- OC, WPC, Management
- Met SHARK VIS team, update all SHARKs + Arcetri on s/w interface
- Work on a new document for CV detailing s/w requirements for new instruments
- Posting for new position circulated and accepted, GG next for posting
- Meeting on shutdown/restart and documenting procedure
- Meeting on sciarc, Al's 3 tables and indirection concept that has potential to solve few problems
- Look into few ITs (PMC packets, MODS striped images after transfer)
- Meet and discuss foresesable "big items" with IT
- Obs WS presentaton to sciops if time allows
- Power restart document
- DMS hashed urls, ordering issue at startup
- finish report part, routing and history navigation.
- worked on ways to improve and automatize proposals after period closes.
- worked on implementing a resubmit option to the PIT so there are no or to limit duplicates
- clean up and make ingesting or setting up new run, easier (only from backend)
- ongoing work on resubmission logic
- Need to do some code repository cleaning
- PMS - waiting for support from LASAIR
- OAC - need to update git (IT)
- doc handover and prep
- Jenkins RPM build - successfully builds TaN revision 15543 but later fails: "Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure"
- ALH: Clarified LBTI alerting reqs and began to sketch out an implementation based on an INDI module.
- ARGOS: Reviewed design docs.
- Supportscripts: Collected data on DS9 crashes. One appears to be a libxcb bug.
- TMS: Added a test to directly test up/down state of TMS host.
- Safety training.
- ALH: Prototype an LBTI agent.
- ARGOS: Review design docs.
- Supportscripts: Diagnose DS9 crashes during multiple script runs. Look at implementing a DS9 process tracking and restart function.
- TMS: Hoping for opportunity to test status script/ALH integration.
- iLocater USB, UPS.
- robs setup
- robs32 installed.
- robs installed (needs home directories, passwords).
- Started slides
- CentOS 8 Stream evaluated.
- VM licensing
- Olga VPN
- PEPSI keys
- Olga IDL
- ovirt on dms
- startup docker registry