SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2019-10-21
Attendees: Andrew, Carl, David, Igor, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang
Report auto-generated every Monday at 6:30am, Do not edit this table, Update your entries in smartsheets.
| LR20191007 - Bec, Matthieu
| LR20191007 - Holmberg, Carl
| LR20191007 - Colson, Andrew
| LR20191007 - Edmeades, David
| LR20191007 - Sola, Igor
| LR20191007 - Kubanek, Petr
| LR20191007 - Hooper, Stephen
| LR20191007 - Zhang, Yang
| LR20191007 - Zhang, Xianyu
News from management
- 2020 project plan
- board meeting
Previous Action Items
- unplanned telescope support - network problems (see emails)
- IT7861: merged into 2019B
- Abort command (both TCSGUI and netconfig)
- rewritten netconfig to use CliApp
- better netconfig functionality (it's now possible to do: "netconfig restart both GCS"
- check reflective memory build/run consistency (see pull request)
- IT5140: better unwrap control, merged for 2019B
- improved tcs-build - replaces bundle.sh and install.sh
- prepared final 2019A merge pull request (to merge to master changes made on 2019A branch)
- rebased new-GCS to the current master, some git lessons
- to drop a commit, use git rebase -i ~1 and delete top line
- git stash use to allow rebase on a live code
- git show to investigate content of a commit
- system RPMS built for Fedora 31
- firewall changes for polycom Italians
- obs/TCS network/LSS/host issues -- set up network trace, but imonnit not on. My NFS backups an issue?
- SD cards for mountain
- OpenStack -- eval burn
- 0203 cleanup -- bad labelling (what is port 2 about)?
- hub -- cool little tool.
- SSL certs for mbec
- AO VM
- iLocater switch
- up the mountain for day sometime
- UITS move -- can we do anything?
- PEPSI server chaos. Ilya completely missed the point of my email.
- I think our latest specs for compute are good at ~$20k for both mountain and Tucson
- Storage VAR is working on numbers, should have them early this week
- Working on a third option, SAN vs NAS, for completeness. No VAR required for this
- Their objection doesn't make sense to me
- Seems like a spreadsheet kind of thing
- Escalate to management level?
- Follow up with Gene re: adding projector support to reno plan
- More in-depth tests to determine which tile exactly
- ProjectSend email issue
- Result of Google policy change which affects Outlook as well.
- Enable "Use less secure apps" in user's G Suite settings.
- Still reasonably secure, but these apps don't use OAuth
- Failures are silent; suspect this for any email send problems
- Monnit base station?
- ULP (unit in the last place)
>>> x = 1.0
>>> while x != x+1:
... x = x*2
>>> x == x+1
- OC, WPC, Management
- Colloc/Pepsi follow-up with DE, SH
- Argos x2go / Mate menus follow up with AC
- Jenkins pyds9 follow up with CH
- planning discussions with LF
- hdf5/mongodb discussions with XZ
- m1 zforces complete
- repository sign-in access WIP
- look at API to know the state of the laser, include into ALH
- brief intro to CH to take over
- Colloc/Pepsi, need to near some conclusion
- DMS wip
- On-call support
- Jenkins build - failing because a file is missing from TaN revision 16111. It was present in previous build which used TaN revision 15543. See GitHub issue.
- SX desktop - created ARGOS navigation menu folder and added applications. Painfully slow and tedious because you can't select multiple items. Will write a script to do this for DX. <-- needs to be powered on.
- Continuing to develop the web interface.
- First successful set of OSCO data apparently taken (will need to follow up on that later).
- Next major work is to reorganize the database.
- After discussion with Petr, will need to change LBC non-sidereal guiding fix strategy. Currently investigating/learning required steps.
- Need to follow up on MODS issue IT#6939 and IT#7855.
- Created write up of Zabbix features of potential use with CHAOS.
- Created useable pyds9 RPM.
- ALH: Assist with issue 7887, looking to incorporate TMS laser status.
- CHAOS: Awaiting feedback from Ilya Ilyin on which alarm signals PEPSI might want to send.
- SupportScripts: Pacakge ds9.
- working on possible candidates to slowdown and tread explosion on the backend.
- working on a helper tool for observers to track observing time
- keep working on a helper tool for observers to track observing time
- 4D installation support
- check idl interface with python and json
- finish and put detached magnet and jumping actuator processes in git
- define the detached magnet and jumping actuator data structure for MongoDB
- hdf5/mongodb discussions with MB
- check and send emails to MG about the ChCurrRMS issues
- install the isk usage monitoring script on SX AdSec
- 4D SW installation on SX AdSec and test?