Prev Next

SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2019-10-21

Attendees: Andrew, Carl, David, Igor, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang

Outlook

Labor Reporting

Report auto-generated every Monday at 6:30am, Do not edit this table, Update your entries in smartsheets.

20191007
LR20191007 - Bec, Matthieu 80.0
LR20191007 - Holmberg, Carl 72.0
LR20191007 - Colson, Andrew 80.0
LR20191007 - Edmeades, David 69.0
LR20191007 - Sola, Igor 40.0
LR20191007 - Kubanek, Petr 36.0
LR20191007 - Hooper, Stephen 80.0
LR20191007 - Zhang, Yang 80.0
LR20191007 - Zhang, Xianyu 40.0

News from management

  • 2020 project plan
  • board meeting

Previous Action Items

Open topics

Team reports

PK

  • unplanned telescope support - network problems (see emails)
  • IT7861: merged into 2019B
    • Abort command (both TCSGUI and netconfig)
    • rewritten netconfig to use CliApp
    • better netconfig functionality (it's now possible to do: "netconfig restart both GCS"
    • check reflective memory build/run consistency (see pull request)
  • IT5140: better unwrap control, merged for 2019B
  • improved tcs-build - replaces bundle.sh and install.sh
  • prepared final 2019A merge pull request (to merge to master changes made on 2019A branch)
  • rebased new-GCS to the current master, some git lessons
    • to drop a commit, use git rebase -i ~1 and delete top line
    • git stash use to allow rebase on a live code
    • git show to investigate content of a commit

SH

  • system RPMS built for Fedora 31
  • firewall changes for polycom Italians
  • obs/TCS network/LSS/host issues -- set up network trace, but imonnit not on. My NFS backups an issue?
  • SD cards for mountain
  • OpenStack -- eval burn
  • 0203 cleanup -- bad labelling (what is port 2 about)?
  • hub -- cool little tool.
  • SSL certs for mbec

next:

  • AO VM
  • iLocater switch
  • up the mountain for day sometime
  • UITS move -- can we do anything?

DE

  • PEPSI server chaos. Ilya completely missed the point of my email.
    • I think our latest specs for compute are good at ~$20k for both mountain and Tucson
  • Storage
    • Storage VAR is working on numbers, should have them early this week
    • Working on a third option, SAN vs NAS, for completeness. No VAR required for this
  • UITS/Netops
    • Their objection doesn't make sense to me
    • Seems like a spreadsheet kind of thing
    • Escalate to management level?
  • Follow up with Gene re: adding projector support to reno plan
    • More in-depth tests to determine which tile exactly
  • ProjectSend email issue
    • Result of Google policy change which affects Outlook as well.
    • Enable "Use less secure apps" in user's G Suite settings.
    • Still reasonably secure, but these apps don't use OAuth
    • Failures are silent; suspect this for any email send problems
  • Monnit base station?

MB

  • ULP (unit in the last place)
>>> x = 1.0
>>> while x != x+1:
...   x = x*2
>>> x
9007199254740992.0
>>> x == x+1
True
  • OC, WPC, Management
  • Colloc/Pepsi follow-up with DE, SH
  • Argos x2go / Mate menus follow up with AC
  • Jenkins pyds9 follow up with CH
  • AO
    • planning discussions with LF
    • hdf5/mongodb discussions with XZ
  • DMS
    • m1 zforces complete
    • repository sign-in access WIP
  • TMS
    • look at API to know the state of the laser, include into ALH
    • brief intro to CH to take over
next
  • Colloc/Pepsi, need to near some conclusion
  • DMS wip

AC

  • On-call support
    • DIMM
    • Network/TCS issue
  • ARGOS
    • Jenkins build - failing because a file is missing from TaN revision 16111. It was present in previous build which used TaN revision 15543. See GitHub issue.
    • SX desktop - created ARGOS navigation menu folder and added applications. Painfully slow and tedious because you can't select multiple items. Will write a script to do this for DX. <-- needs to be powered on.
next
  • Iceland

YZ

  • AO-Cravat:
    • Continuing to develop the web interface.
    • First successful set of OSCO data apparently taken (will need to follow up on that later).
    • Next major work is to reorganize the database.
  • MODS/LBC:
    • After discussion with Petr, will need to change LBC non-sidereal guiding fix strategy. Currently investigating/learning required steps.
    • Need to follow up on MODS issue IT#6939 and IT#7855.

CH

Last week:
  • CHAOS:
    • Created write up of Zabbix features of potential use with CHAOS.
  • SupportScripts:
    • Created useable pyds9 RPM.

This week:
  • ALH: Assist with issue 7887, looking to incorporate TMS laser status.
  • CHAOS: Awaiting feedback from Ilya Ilyin on which alarm signals PEPSI might want to send.
  • SupportScripts: Pacakge ds9.

IS

Last week:
  • LUCI
    • working on possible candidates to slowdown and tread explosion on the backend.
  • OT
    • working on a helper tool for observers to track observing time

This week
  • LUCI
    • Implement fixes and test
  • OT
    • keep working on a helper tool for observers to track observing time

XZ

Last week:
  • 4D installation support
  • check idl interface with python and json
  • finish and put detached magnet and jumping actuator processes in git
  • define the detached magnet and jumping actuator data structure for MongoDB
  • hdf5/mongodb discussions with MB
  • check and send emails to MG about the ChCurrRMS issues
  • install the isk usage monitoring script on SX AdSec
This week:
  • 4D SW installation on SX AdSec and test?
Topic revision: r16 - 21 Oct 2019, MatthieuBec
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback