Prev Next

SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2019-08-12

Attendees: Carl, David, Igor, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen

Outlook

Labor Reporting

Report auto-generated every, Do not edit this table, use entries in smartsheets.

20190729
LR20190729 - Bec, Matthieu 40.0
LR20190729 - Holmberg, Carl 80.0
LR20190729 - Colson, Andrew 0.0
LR20190729 - Edmeades, David 16.0
LR20190729 - Sola, Igor 16.0
LR20190729 - Kubanek, Petr 81.5
LR20190729 - Hooper, Stephen 80.0
LR20190729 - Zhang, Yang 72.0
LR20190729 - Zhang, Xianyu 82.0

News from management

  • Support calendar 2019B
  • SciOps Freshdesk
  • Short OC, bi-monthly managers meeting

Previous Action Items

Open topics

  • Cooling + Mountain CR restart Tuesday
  • w/s upgrade at shutdown restart: rm507 + obs-x, luci-64

Team reports

MB

  • catching up
  • review SHARK-NIR ICD updates
  • aosupervisor migration to git
  • obs dev w/s discussion, review comments
  • supportscript branch scheme for fedora/master centos/centos on obs1
  • dms WIP
next
  • dms WIP

PK

  • (re)discovered that Win7 require a driver for a standard USB optical mouse
  • AGW work - updated UMAC, AGW wikis
  • PID measurement using PeWin32Pro (agw1)
  • progress on clioac - able to read & understand status bits, CliApp integration
next
  • mountain AGW1 tests
  • AOC/GCS

DE

  • POI done, Laura showed it to Christian to a great response. What's the timeline now?
    • Planning to contact Reuben to get things geared up on his end
  • Laptop image for Andrew/OT issues
  • Laptop image for IT MBP
  • Vault backup script work/not sure why tests were coming back false and not going into zip; changed age test to allow "current" to be 12 hours old
Next:
  • Testing Valut backup script edits
  • No word, not even an ack from Bucki re: summit work tomorrow. Suggest we just announce downtime on our own and get it done.
    • Igor, lucix is identical to luci for DR purposes?
  • Colo push

YZ

  • Pushed github repo "LBTO/sciops-lbcfpia-wrs".
  • Investigate the anaconda environment used by MODS scripts on the obs machine.
  • Investigate the telemetry data generated by MODS (for integration into the general telemetry query/visualization framework).
  • Coordinate LBC/MODS machines turn on.
  • Working on LBC skyflats integration methods.
  • Vacation until Tuesday.

XZ

Last week
  • Support the ASM mountain work
  • Plots the FF for forces for both ASMs for analyzing actutor 218
  • Use Zemax to simult the laser beam on ASM for measuring the reflection rate
  • Commit the 4D changes to SVN before moving it to git
  • Setup git on adsec and wfs simulators with Matthieu
Next week:
  • Worked on DX ASM on the summit

AC

  • AGW PID tuning
  • Test command to verify status functions for clioac
  • Studied lbt-telemetry examples and data flow
Next
  • Push wda and facsum changes
    • Coordinate deployment
  • Finallize oac telemetry requirements
  • Design oac telemetry integration

CH

  • Monnit telemetry
    • Padding Python array before writing to hdf5.
    • Using structured array write to replicate existing telemetry format.
  • Alarm Handling System (AHS, aka CHAOS)
    • Goal: overhaul/consolidate disparate alerting tools.
    • Need to review data dictionary to see what systems are currently writing alert data there, after which we can determine what's missing.

SH

  • VMs and UITS upgrade problems
  • Moxas for weather station
  • LUCI and James
  • wiki issues
  • equipment from ML
  • RPM for perl
  • Wayland and remote desktop
  • observer reset script
next:
  • power up likely
  • switches fixes and upgrades
  • up the mountain Tuesday

IS

Last week
  • OT
    • Finish most of the OT MODS scripting side
    • TPE display Guide Star error display

This week:
  • OT
    • Finish working on OT and release it
  • LUCI
    • Finish 64bit LUCI launch scripts and testing LUCI tarball to be run in Barry's laptop
    • Possibly compiling LUCI with new ICE interface.
Topic revision: r16 - 12 Aug 2019, MatthieuBec
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback