Prev Next

SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2019-08-05

Attendees: Carl, David, Igor, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang

Outlook

Labor Reporting

Report auto-generated every, Do not edit this table, use entries in smartsheets.

20190729
LR20190729 - Bec, Matthieu 0.0
LR20190729 - Holmberg, Carl 0.0
LR20190729 - Colson, Andrew 0.0
LR20190729 - Edmeades, David 16.0
LR20190729 - Sola, Igor 0.0
LR20190729 - Kubanek, Petr 41.5
LR20190729 - Hooper, Stephen 80.0
LR20190729 - Zhang, Yang 40.0
LR20190729 - Zhang, Xianyu 42.0

News from management

  • s/w kitchen/lounge room cleaning month

Previous Action Items

Open topics

  • need for shutdown/startup checklist (see ComputerShutdownStartup?rev=12 compare with what's there now) [PK]
  • iLocater laundry list (10Gb switch, shorter SM fiber run ?)

Team reports

PK

  • (rediscovered) vim -O
  • git operations to merge GCS/OAC changes
  • read more of (excellent) Eigen documentation to figure out how to do image math for GCS image access
  • safety training
  • GCS - new Image class, uses Eigen::Array for image storage
  • dot - rankdir, style, .. (collaboration and state diagrams in OAC)
  • CliApp class (generic TCS client application, allows for commands, interactive processing,...)
  • Luci/MODS offset issue
  • AGW help
  • Shutdown help/chaos (Thursday early night)
  • one-liner: grep telescope.command.offsetTelescopeDETXY.comple 20180522.events | sed 's/\(.* 2018\).*deltaX: \(\S*\) .*deltaY: \(\S*\) .*/\1 \2 \3/' | python3 -c "import sys; [print(' '.join(line.split()[:-2]) + ' | ' + ' '.join(map(str,list(map(float,line.split()[-2:]))))) for line in sys.stdin];"

MB

  • back from vacation
next
  • catching up
  • LBTI obs w/s meet Amali
  • LN obs w/s with Florian TBC
  • AO in git
  • Argos s/w issues meet up

DE

  • Short week
  • Safety training
  • Fluke Vibration tester setup/FW updating
  • Final polish on Vault script
Next
  • Colo push
  • Vmware license poke; might work around our rep
  • Swap Vault backup script to mine/put script in Github
  • UITS switch upgrade Tuesday

YZ

  • Finished a major update to the LBC skyflat wiki program, created a pull request on github.
  • Created a new LBC FPIA and WRS combined repository, currently a private repo under my github account, need to transfer it to LBTO's github.
  • Getting back to AO-Cravat (Al should have been back, but didn't find him).
  • LBC and MODS machines shutdown.
  • Looking at several issues in LBC alarm scripts and logs.
  • New LBC and MODS projects with Olga, details are being discussed.
  • Safety training.
  • Vacation at the end of the week and beginning of next week.

AC

  • AGW/UMAC troubleshooting
    • advise a formal engineering procedure to connect AGW
  • safety training
  • vacation Friday
next
  • vacation Monday
  • ARGOS software meeting
  • AGW support

XZ

Last week
  • Worked on DX ASM on the summit
    • glue the detached magnets
    • the thin shell (TS3) is removed from DX ASM
    • install the actuators
  • shutdown comupters, most in computer room B
Next week:
  • support dx adsec work remotly
  • look at the actuator 218 issues

IS

Last week
  • OT
    • Working on OT MODS scripting side This week:
  • OT
    • Finish working on OT related MODS issues
  • LUCI
    • Finish adding LUCI new filters
    • Finish creating and testing LUCI tarball to be run in Barry's laptop

CH

  • Monnit telemetry
    • POC: Peter Gray
    • Goal: liberate the sensor tm from imonnit.com via REST API.
    • Current Python prototype dumps XML to console, fixing date timezone
    • Ditched lib-telemetry for h5py
    • More training catch up
  • Alarm Handling System (AHS, aka CHAOS)
    • POC: Matthieu Bec, Petr Kubanek
    • Goal: overhaul/consolidate disparate alerting tools.
    • Need to review data dictionary to see what systems are currently writing alert data there, after which we can determine what's missing.

SH

  • update of sw0401 and sw0501 firmware -- sw0401 stack broken
  • computer room cooling work
  • desktop sharing on Wayland, newer distributions
  • lbti-data un-blocked
  • VM for obs 32 bit
  • rebuild hdf5-devel for CentOS 7
next:
  • Wiki keeps dying with out-of-memory
  • Acrobat for Macs (talk to Trey)
  • mountain trip to check switches (no cars this week)
  • Room 507 work.
Topic revision: r23 - 05 Aug 2019, PetrKubanek
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback