SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2019-07-29
Attendees: Andrew, David, Igor, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang
Report auto-generated every, Do not edit this table, use entries in smartsheets.
News from management
- s/w kitchen & lounge cleaning starts Aug-1
Previous Action Items
- cooling shutdown in CRA/CRB possibly starting tomorrow.
- it2tcs - adding IRCx commands
- grep "commands.insert" menu.cpp | sed 's/.*("\([^"]*\).*/\1/' | sort to list IRC commands
- profilling libTCS
- it2tcs tooks a lot of CPU time - ~1.2 sec compared to same IRCx call, which takes ~0.02 sec
- problem is in supposedly non-optimal readout of event and refmem files
- learned basis from callgring, kcachegrind
- tried -O3 (obvious choice), which produces some new gcc warnings
- rebasing OAC + newGCS into master (to include recent changes)
- OAC, GCS
- mountain trip (Carl, Yang)
- Vault wrangling
- Done moving the script to Powershell with error handling.
- Found a condition that causes the ADMS console to silenly not do the backup, added a check for that
- Client-side vault issues solved
- Google Calendar event replication request
- Found a solution, sent to OC. No feedback yet
- sw0101,s0102,sw0104,sw0301,sw0302,sw1001 upgraded to latest recommended firmware
- sw0103 did not reload, so we switched over to using sw0104 as primary for cleanroom
- blocked LBTI rsync that was consuming too much bandwith, discussion with Paul Grenz.
- replaced NUC
- update switch firmware as I can
- computer room cooling work
- github (John and Steve's stuff)
- ks another 507 machine
- read and sent comments for the new OVMS-TT version
- analyze the detached magnet data
- set SX AdSec for SOUL test in the lab
- support SOUL lab test
- support DX AdSec work
- DX AdSec configuration files recovery
- work on DX AdSec on the mountain
- New LBC skyflat wiki program (mostly finished, will create a pull request after some testing).
- LBC fpia and wrc repo reorganization.
- Studied some of the current MODS and LBC alarm scripts.
- May meet with Al briefly for AO-Cravat stuffs.
- UMAC PLC code for current telemetry
- defined UMAC gathering for telemetry data
- mountain trip?
- integrate OAC into GCS to use TCS RPC calls
- write telemetry to DPRAM and output a csv file
- Working on OT MODS scripting side
- Adding LUCI new filters (work in progress)
- Creating a tarball of LUCI to be run in Barry's laptop (in progress)
- Finish working on OT related MODS issues
- Finish adding LUCI new filters
- Finish creating and tesing LUCI tarball to be run in Barry's laptop
- Monnit telemetry
- POC: Peter Gray
- Goal: liberate the sensor tm from imonnit.com via REST API.
- Current Python prototype dumps XML to console.
- Investigating integration with lib-telemetry to save HDF5 to NFS mount.
- Attempting to build lib-telemetry on Centos 7 vm, resolve dependencies.
- Alarm Handling System (AHS, aka CHAOS)
- POC: Matthieu Bec, Petr Kubanek
- Goal: overhaul/consolidate disparate alerting tools.
- Followed up with D Cox and D Thompson for details on what alerts and how.
- Thompson asked me to review data dictionary to see what systems are currently writing alert data there, after which we can determine what's missing.