SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2019-07-22
Attendees: Andrew, David, Igor, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang
Report auto-generated every, Do not edit this table, use entries in smartsheets.
News from management
Previous Action Items
- Work on other sensor platform for Peter
- Get into Vault backup script
- Powershell was written by a team of crack sadists
- Seriously, why did they not just rip off Unix shells?
- Adding considerable functionality and robustness
- Check to see if there are process locks, kill process if there are, alert if we can't
- Wrap offsite backup into same script
- Track down updates on colo project approval
- More time in the Powershell dungeon
- UITS wants a switch upgrade in our server room 6 Aug 0400-0700
- Major rework of the LBC skyflat wiki program (hopefully to release a new version this week).
- Restarted to work on AO-Cravat web interface polishing.
- Working with Olga on several LBC/MODS related issues:
- LBC/MODS alarm scripts and several problems.
- MODS computer disk usage.
- Science image archival.
- Need to work on merging sciops-lbcfpia and sciops-lbcwrs on github into one repo.
- Ice3.7 - pull request, adding commands to it2tcs (to mimics IRC)
- TCS presentations
- Turned off PMC, MCS & OVMS telemetry
- Ice3.7, finish it2tcs
- AGW1 troubleshooting
- AOS & GCS
- IT 6405/7705 - Removed obsolete DDS parameters from wda but symptoms still persist. Perhaps increase sleep time or make two separate while true loops.
- FACSUM - repeated successful build on cisrv01 and deployed on the test NUC
- updated MagExposure script on azcamserver
- IT 7604 - AGW telemetry
- gather requirements, define streams of data to log, hdf5, etc.
- archive firewall
- laptop for Tyler
- test NUC (fixes to kickstart)
- LBTI DNS
- Carl setup
- AGW SOUL network Alessandro
- tcs1, tcs2, tcs-test upgraded, tcs3 removed from loop.
- ECS telemetry restart after upgrade
- read OVMS-TT document
- talked to Chris Johnson about colocating non-critical machines
- swap out hall NUC
- ks another 507 machine, install in six-head location
- github John and Steve's stuff
- update switch firmware as I can
- read and sent comments to OVMS-TT
- Workedd on DX ASM on the summit
- removed DX ASM from its hub
- hooked and powered and a baseline was acquired
- magnet test routine was tested successfully
- completed the testing of the detached magnet routine and run the routine over all the actuators
- the thin shell (TS3) was removed from DX ASM
- work on detached magnet data
- read the new OVMS-TT version
- Finished OT TPE submenu work
- Went through Joe's git fixes related to curved slits and added them to the current release.
- Upgraded Dithering Pattern form to avoid confusion between pattern and the application of a scale factor and offsets with no scale factor applied.
- Make sure slopes in slanted slits on MOS mask have the proper sign
- remove camera defaulting based on grating for LUCI
- Make a test build
- Start working on OT related MODS issues
- Monnit telemetry
- POC: Peter Gray
- Goal: liberate the sensor tm from imonnit.com via REST API.
- Modified PHP script to dump all sensor data to console.
- Peter opted for me to complete integration HDF5 rather than using JSON files.
- Translating to Python for simpler integration with HDF5 API.
- Alarm Handling System (AHS, aka CHAOS?)
- POC: Matthieu Bec, Petr Kubanek
- Goal: overhaul/consolidate disparate alerting tools.
- Installed existing ALH demo on workstation
- Reviewing copies of known alert scripts.
- Will poll other PIs to seek out unknown alerting scripts.