SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2019-07-01
Attendees:David, Igor, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang
Report auto-generated every second weeks, Do not edit this table, use entries in smartsheets.
| LR20190617 - Bec, Matthieu
| LR20190617 - Colson, Andrew
| LR20190617 - Edmeades, David
| LR20190617 - Sola, Igor
| LR20190617 - Kubanek, Petr
| LR20190617 - Hooper, Stephen
| LR20190617 - Zhang, Yang
| LR20190617 - Zhang, Xianyu
News from management
Previous Action Items
- few significant ITs disussed in separated emails: IT7746, IT7643
- work on it2tcs (InstrumenT2TCS, former tcsice)
- while replacing IRC in PCS tests with it2tcs, found this helpfull to list commands to replace: ~/tcs/pcs/test$ grep -ri irc | tr [:upper:] [:lower:] | sed 's/^.*irc\S*\s\s*//i' | sed 's/\(\S\S*\).*$/\1/' | sort | uniq
- gitlab - able to run docker image on private cloud, getting not writable running the same on cloud docker
- some need for "release testing document", based on IT7746 lessons
- PE's completion
- GMT M1 PDR, the written report part
- CH preps
- other preps
- Started Zoom account transition to UA
- Officially initiated transfer; was an all-or-nothing so I did all three.
- Have not heard back about additional accounts
- 4D TCP ports issue
- UITS claims no blocking on port or IP level.
- Windows says no firewall is running
- VMHost1 is single-port capable, VMHost2 in progress
- Completed failover tests on VMH1; no service interruption. Can operate on any or all of the two 10Gb ports and one 1Gb port. (VMNIC0, 4, and 5)
- Elliot WS finished
- VMWare support contract
- Requested new quote; our previous one covers 6 machines and we will only need 3.
- Ordered SSDs for mountain VM host
- Sent final numbers to UITS for colo, received final quote
- POR form for colocation
- Moved vault and Veeam backup directories to Volume2 on Synology
- Saves ~6TB
- A further 6TB will be free when the zip/cloud hosting of the old backups is done.
- Last updates to L4AO site
- safety training
- created spec file
- telemetry down again: socket timeout error
- UMAC telemetry
- script to continuously get data via pmacsend
- vacation Monday and Tuesday
- Resolve pms-lasair
- review software and configuration across all tucson and mountain machines
- resolve remote access issues to the operations workstations on the mountain
- Spend some time reworking the Python LBC skyflats wiki program with some major redesign and updates.
- MODS work:
- IT#7736, MODS agw patrol field limits. Rick and Olga are on the mountain. They had plan to remap the MODS AGW hardware limits. Then we will work together on updating the software limits. An Interface Control Document is also in the planning.
- Coordinate with Olga and Rick as they discuss several other MODS related issues.
- MODS status monitor scripts are problematic sometimes, they don't seem to run according to Crontab schedule, which resulted in missing status in ALH and statserv. Manually running them seem to fix the problem.
- Need to gather LBC/MODS remote room machine and mountain obs machine information (once Olga and Barry are available).
- Need to organize the sciops-lbcfpia/lbcwrs github repository.
- Getting back to AO-Cravat web code.
- AdSec simulator works with 4D demonstration
- Improve procedures to determ jumping actutor with Guido
- process the data from Jan to April, 2019
- process the data May and Jun 2019
- Improve the magnet detach prodcedure?
- Safety training (21 incomplemtet courses)
- Position Editor submenus changes such as renaming, taking some away, changing icons, etc
- TPE side bar changes (for now just name changes)
- Remove catalogs and change some of their defaults, if possible remove some text boxes in catalog form.
- #IT7441 subwindowing for LBC chips
- #IT7074, #IT7192 Issues related to ARGOS and ARGOS guide stars and also the way OT handles errors.
- Working with IT to come up with a satisfactory LUCI script and directory structure to be used in the observer machines.
- All-sky -- Leroy fixed
- archive GCS repository symlink parsed/understood/fixed.
- VPN accounts for archive people
- info.tucson -- web stuff
- mon chat c'est bon
- Developer workstation kickstart -- Petr also expressed desire.
- RPMs for filesystems
- Navel gazing on SSSD.
- iLocater sweep