Prev Next

SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2019-06-17

Attendees: Andrew, David, Igor, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang

Outlook

Labor Reporting

Report auto-generated, Do not edit this table, use entries in smartsheets.

20190603
LR20190603 - Bec, Matthieu 80.0
LR20190603 - Colson, Andrew 40.0
LR20190603 - Edmeades, David 40.0
LR20190603 - Sola, Igor 69.0
LR20190603 - Kubanek, Petr 85.0
LR20190603 - Hooper, Stephen 80.0
LR20190603 - Zhang, Yang 80.0
LR20190603 - Zhang, Xianyu 86.0

News from management

  • corridor cleaning in front of lab
  • colocation update?

Previous Action Items

Open topics

Team reports

MB

next
  • PE reviews out
  • ilocater meet-up
  • remote room and mountain time
  • more reflecting & planning

PK

  • various PR reviews
  • SetStars (2) in tcsice, checks for starfile parser (IT7695)
  • GCS troubleshooting (IT7733)
  • new GCS/OAC
  • 2019A tests runs
  • co-pointing issues
next:

DE

  • Colo rack layout and networking. Should sit down with Stephen for a quick meeting to all be on the same page re: ports
    • Ancillary work on VMWare config to drop 1Gb port requirement, put in VMWare support ticket
    • After meeting, will talk to Reuben with final port count and have official quote for submission
  • Ketiv / Vault
    • Decision: I take over Vault backups to give us the option of a cheaper contract
    • Vault replication research, conclusions sent to management
    • Started Vault content indexing. No progress indication, but the server doesn't appear to be slow on Monday.
    • Vault recommends defragmenting of the DB; will investigate impact
  • Elliot workstation: Still barely in warranty, got new PSU and power distribution board from Dell
    • Parts shipped Friday afternoon, should be here Monday
  • Mountain VM Host SSD project
    • No reply yet from Leroy
  • Query CDW for VMWare licencing costs
Next
  • 4D meeting(?), since it was delayed by vacation
  • Site mockup image work
  • Finalize colo plan
  • Call Leroy Tues for VM Host hardware verification
  • Elliot WS parts replace, install fresh W10
  • Petr VM discussion
  • Follow up on VMWare ticket

YZ

  • TCS:
    • Both SHARK authorization and updates to ApplyWaffleAO pull requests have been merged.
    • TCS work concluded pending on final engineering test.
  • LBC:
    • Continue to work on the Skyflat wiki update program.
    • IT#7723 LBC tech chip IA sent bad focus correction. Had a long discussion with Olga. We reached some preliminary conclusions. Will find some time to do an offline simulation and analysis.
    • Working on Github issue syncing LBTO/sciops-lbcfpia. Had a discussion with Olga about FPIA and WRS. Will work on checking the current Github and obs machine contents.
  • MODS:
    • IT#7736 MODS agw patrol field limits. Had a discussion with Olga. We will communicate with Rick and hopefully with his help, learn how to remeasure the AGW limits, and document it once we learn how to do it.

IS

Last week
  • OT
    • #IT7560 getting the 2MASS image to work again (ongoing)
    • Working on getting the latest OCS code to work with IntelliJ (ongoing)
    • #IT7441 subwindowing for LBC chips (ongoing)
    • #IT6656 disabling broken menus. Ideally we should fix them but not in the scope right now.

  • LUCI
    • created templates for each of the LUCI GUI configuration files and created a "config generator" in perl script, so it generates one configuration file for a given template. If a configuration change is needed only the template will need to be changed.
    • Working with IT to come up with a satisfactory LUCI script and directory structure to be used in the observer machines. (Ongoing)

This week
  • OT
    • #IT7560 getting the 2MASS image to work again
    • Working on getting the latest OCS code to work with IntelliJ
    • #IT7441 subwindowing for LBC chips
  • LUCI
    • Working with IT to come up with a satisfactory LUCI script and directory structure to be used in the observer machines.

SH

  • python packaging into RPMs
  • LUCI in /usr/local work and discussion
  • Mirror lab printer fun
  • iLocater switch congfiguration with Leroy
  • WiFi complaints from Pat
  • TCS complaints from Petr
next:
  • iLocater meeting
  • fix python RPMs? Namespace issue
  • kickstart display NUC, kickstart AUX, kickstart 507
  • up the mountain tomorrow for an engineering night
    1. ) aux computer
    2. ) iLocater switch?
    3. ) Mountain debug entity

XZ

Last week
  • Slove thunderdbird and Xquartz-IDL issues in my laptap with IT
  • Install and improve procedures to determ jumping actutor with Guido
  • Make IDL controller on AdSec simulator taking to new 4D
  • DX actuator 216 related flat and data analyze with Guido
  • Copy telemetry files from mountain to Tucson IT temporary assigned space
This week
  • Contiue working on 4D
  • Continue jumping actutor issue with Guido
  • Improve the magnet detach prodcedure?

AC

  • OVMS FFT plots
  • web-dms time series plots
  • telescope support on-call
next

  • FACSUM - make it obvious when the network is down
  • UMAC telemetry

This topic: Software > MeetingMinutes20190617
Topic revision: 17 Jun 2019, MatthieuBec
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback