SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2019-06-17
Attendees: Andrew, David, Igor, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang
Report auto-generated, Do not
edit this table, use entries in smartsheets.
| LR20190603 - Bec, Matthieu
| LR20190603 - Colson, Andrew
| LR20190603 - Edmeades, David
| LR20190603 - Sola, Igor
| LR20190603 - Kubanek, Petr
| LR20190603 - Hooper, Stephen
| LR20190603 - Zhang, Yang
| LR20190603 - Zhang, Xianyu
News from management
- corridor cleaning in front of lab
- colocation update?
Previous Action Items
- PE reviews out
- ilocater meet-up
- remote room and mountain time
- more reflecting & planning
- various PR reviews
- SetStars (2) in tcsice, checks for starfile parser (IT7695)
- GCS troubleshooting (IT7733)
- new GCS/OAC
- 2019A tests runs
- co-pointing issues
- Colo rack layout and networking. Should sit down with Stephen for a quick meeting to all be on the same page re: ports
- Ancillary work on VMWare config to drop 1Gb port requirement, put in VMWare support ticket
- After meeting, will talk to Reuben with final port count and have official quote for submission
- Ketiv / Vault
- Decision: I take over Vault backups to give us the option of a cheaper contract
- Vault replication research, conclusions sent to management
- Started Vault content indexing. No progress indication, but the server doesn't appear to be slow on Monday.
- Vault recommends defragmenting of the DB; will investigate impact
- Elliot workstation: Still barely in warranty, got new PSU and power distribution board from Dell
- Parts shipped Friday afternoon, should be here Monday
- Mountain VM Host SSD project
- Query CDW for VMWare licencing costs
- 4D meeting(?), since it was delayed by vacation
- Site mockup image work
- Finalize colo plan
- Call Leroy Tues for VM Host hardware verification
- Elliot WS parts replace, install fresh W10
- Petr VM discussion
- Follow up on VMWare ticket
- Both SHARK authorization and updates to ApplyWaffleAO pull requests have been merged.
- TCS work concluded pending on final engineering test.
- Continue to work on the Skyflat wiki update program.
- IT#7723 LBC tech chip IA sent bad focus correction. Had a long discussion with Olga. We reached some preliminary conclusions. Will find some time to do an offline simulation and analysis.
- Working on Github issue syncing LBTO/sciops-lbcfpia. Had a discussion with Olga about FPIA and WRS. Will work on checking the current Github and obs machine contents.
- IT#7736 MODS agw patrol field limits. Had a discussion with Olga. We will communicate with Rick and hopefully with his help, learn how to remeasure the AGW limits, and document it once we learn how to do it.
- #IT7560 getting the 2MASS image to work again (ongoing)
- Working on getting the latest OCS code to work with IntelliJ (ongoing)
- #IT7441 subwindowing for LBC chips (ongoing)
- #IT6656 disabling broken menus. Ideally we should fix them but not in the scope right now.
- created templates for each of the LUCI GUI configuration files and created a "config generator" in perl script, so it generates one configuration file for a given template. If a configuration change is needed only the template will need to be changed.
- Working with IT to come up with a satisfactory LUCI script and directory structure to be used in the observer machines. (Ongoing)
- #IT7560 getting the 2MASS image to work again
- Working on getting the latest OCS code to work with IntelliJ
- #IT7441 subwindowing for LBC chips
- Working with IT to come up with a satisfactory LUCI script and directory structure to be used in the observer machines.
- python packaging into RPMs
- LUCI in /usr/local work and discussion
- Mirror lab printer fun
- iLocater switch congfiguration with Leroy
- WiFi complaints from Pat
- TCS complaints from Petr
- iLocater meeting
- fix python RPMs? Namespace issue
- kickstart display NUC, kickstart AUX, kickstart 507
- up the mountain tomorrow for an engineering night
- ) aux computer
- ) iLocater switch?
- ) Mountain debug entity
- Slove thunderdbird and Xquartz-IDL issues in my laptap with IT
- Install and improve procedures to determ jumping actutor with Guido
- Make IDL controller on AdSec simulator taking to new 4D
- DX actuator 216 related flat and data analyze with Guido
- Copy telemetry files from mountain to Tucson IT temporary assigned space
- Contiue working on 4D
- Continue jumping actutor issue with Guido
- Improve the magnet detach prodcedure?
- OVMS FFT plots
- web-dms time series plots
- telescope support on-call
- FACSUM - make it obvious when the network is down
- UMAC telemetry