SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2019-05-20
Attendees: Andrew, David, Igor, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen, Yang
Report auto-generated every, Do not edit this table, use entries in smartsheets.
| LR20190506 - Bec, Matthieu
| LR20190506 - Colson, Andrew
| LR20190506 - Edmeades, David
| LR20190506 - Sola, Igor
| LR20190506 - Kubanek, Petr
| LR20190506 - Hooper, Stephen
| LR20190506 - Zhang, Yang
| LR20190506 - Zhang, Xianyu
News from management
Previous Action Items
- MMTO 40 years (Level I prep tool, mask editing, technical talks about MMTO beginning, future 6.5m)
- more UMAC insighting, started UMAC page
- PEPSIPOL (IT7695)
- discovered std::remove_if (fixed possible core dump in IIF)
- transitioned IIF and friends to Ice 3.7, tcsice to replace IRTC (for Ice simulation; will allow interactive mode and more commands read from stdin)
- Ice 3.7 looks good, tests during E time?
- AGWs, UMAC, ..
- OC, WPC, Management
- AO planning meeting
- 4D demo, review timing and data size with Xianyu
- review sciops google site conversion
- PRex AO data dx-sx timing and correlation discussion
- experiment with Log.io
- Carl's office plans
- install DSS on catalogs.tucson, new git repo, making plans to move to mountain
- migrated dev-vm to fedora-30
- staff/system responsibilities
- review MODS s/w for obs machine upgrade
- dss, log.io ctd.
- UITS colo document draft released internally
- LBT website work
- DSS data copy
- Safety training
- Looked at new Cincoze cases. They are essentially the same height; no help to fit the enclosure.
- Mountain VM host upgrade document
- L4AO post-registration-close page adds (Agenda, etc.)
- Colocation meeting
- TCS stuff:
- Created pull request for updated irtc (already merged)
- Will work on the CentOS branch of irtc, merge the recent changes, and test with older Ice version.
- Discussed with Petr regarding the event system. Needs to add event registration for new IIF commands.
- New pull requests for the remaining parts will be available pending AO arbitrator test.
- LBC sky flats wiki:
- Almost finished a baseline version.
- We decided to go back to post to wiki instead of dumping the files directly on the wiki server.
- Working on read/post/upload to wiki.
- Need a public (or common shared) wiki user/password.
- Discussed the LBC rotator communication error (IT #4566) with Olga. It is probably still happening sporadically. It can mostly be resolved by rebooting or reconnecting. We also checked several recent log files and did not find any errors. So we will be monitoring it.
- AO-Cravat: haven't heard back from Al yet regarding the calibration data.
- The fix for #7642 (RTD aladin coordinate reading on X/Y has 0.5 px mismatch). Dave tested the fix on a possible similar issue but using masks. The fix actually seemed to make things worse. As if instead of adding the half pixel we need to subtract it, which doesn't make sense. So we still need to understand what's going on better.
- Also working on a fix to #7473, RTD and back end maybe to be tested on one of the engineering nights in May. To fix this has proven more involved than originally planned. The good part is that is given me a good opportunity to learn on parts of the code I haven't seen before.
- I'd like to have a version of the LUCI software ready for testing on Engineering nights, most probably without the #7473 fix.
- Andrew C. and Michelle put together a spreadsheet with OT issuetraks. Have meet with them and go over it to scope it.
- F30 RPMs
- usr-local RPM change, RPMs for mountain NFS
- DNS back to 22.214.171.124 for archive.lbto.org
- SCADA meet
- 4D installation and tutorial
- composite radar image for FACSUM/info
- prep for mountain
- office got cleaned up a bit
- kickstart rm507 computer with burner drive to populate a new obs1 with F30
- Up the mountain on 21st and 22nd * obs1 to F30 attempt -- Josh is prepped * WiFi completion on L4 * R3 cabinet check * Do we want to test pulling the plug?
- Vacation on Friday.
- released updated wda script to poll all-sky image every 10 seconds
- follow-up on RTD and DPUSER tool
- tested UMAC telemetry data gathering
- safety training
- OVMS-INDI and telemetry
- release FACSUM with combined radar image (thanks, SH)
- working from home Friday afternoon
- OVMS SW test on the telescope
- OVMS data analyze and dicusion
- OVMS test plan document update
- 4D installation and tutorial
- 4D timing and data size review
- AO planing
- OVMS and PBP equipments relocation