Prev Next

SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2019-04-29

Attendees: Andrew, David, Igor, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang

Outlook

Labor Reporting

Report auto-generated 29/04/2019 at 6:45am, Do not edit this table, use entries in smartsheets.

20190422
LR20190422 - Bec, Matthieu 38.5
LR20190422 - Colson, Andrew 40.0
LR20190422 - Edmeades, David 32.0
LR20190422 - Sola, Igor 0.0
LR20190422 - Kubanek, Petr 26.0
LR20190422 - Hooper, Stephen 80.0
LR20190422 - Zhang, Yang 40.0
LR20190422 - Zhang, Xianyu 41.0

News from management

  • OC discussion on working culture
  • S/W engineer position: Carl H. follow up
  • S/W weekly reports: not attending vs. not reporting
  • Safety online: Andrew: 1, Igor:1 , Xianyu: 2
  • Spinning furnace ?

Previous Action Items

Open topics

  • AGW78 AzCam power verification - during AGW12 service visit?

Team reports

MB

  • OC, WPC, Management
  • STScI Digitized Sky Survey self-hosted - it's coming. Details to come, 1TB + clone Gemini
  • GMT M1 actuator f/w, s/w
  • DMS rc1
  • Interview new candidate
next
  • finish up DMS v0.1, expand to new data sources, add parallelism
  • CH's references
  • Vault Web write access query

PK

  • GCS AGW[78] support & mistery solving
  • new GCS - working AzCam simulator
  • IT7670 don't forgot to throw in your catch(...) block in a thread that might be cancelled - details.
  • GCS WFS class
next:

DE

  • Got UITS quotes for colocation and building upgrades
    • Colo is the only option worth investigating, other options are 2-5x more expensive
    • Tour scheculed for Monday at 13.00
  • Work on LBTO sample pages
    • CSS experimentation
  • Dragging information out of Ketiv regarding Vault Office licenses (non-CAD files only)
    • Floating license, one per concurrent user
    • OSX users will still log in via the web client
    • Cost: $265 each per year or $715.50 for 3 years per license. Apparently this product is not eligible for an education discount.
    • Our maintenance contract is up for renewal soon. Is that something that we want to take over or shall we leave that to engineering?
  • Ketiv support: Teamviewer on the Vault server became corrupt to the point of needing a reinstall. They are able to log in again and do their checkups
  • More VM disk space for Petr
  • L4AO registration shutdown tomorrow, pending Celine's approval. Unsurprisingly, there has been a sharp uptick in rate the last day or so.
  • Short week this week

AC

  • Added radar loop movie to FACSUM
  • AGW[78] support; added trouble shooting notes to wiki
  • ARGOS meeting
next:
  • Release FACSUM
  • Lasair RPM
  • Test DMS
  • Safety training
  • ARGOS keywords

YZ

  • Follow up with Olga on her LBC flats wiki page (need to gather her current scripts and use examples, and then develop a Python program myself).
  • TCS work:
    • Started to add new instrument authorization for SHARKNIR and SHARKVIS.
    • Studied the IIF subsystem again and didn't see major complications in new instrument authorization.
    • A rough draft version should be available soon.
  • AO-Cravat:
    • Mainly small tweaks to make the current setup more convenient for development, e.g., figured out how to enable HTTP cross-origin resource sharing (CORS).
    • Need to modify the Makefile to add NFS symbolic link.

XZ

Last week
  • OVMS test on the telescope
  • AdSec SW changes for "final" (hofully) OVMS FW
  • Reiview AdamHouseKeeper changes
  • Sugguestion for AdSec GUI for SOUL/FLAO warning
  • 4D visit
  • AdSec dump issue debug and anasyze
This week
  • OVMS test
  • SwitchBCU FW update and test for FLAO/SOUL
  • 4D support?

SH

  • RPM for HDF5 on CentOS -- check it in to 3rd-party?
  • Consolidate VMs, fixed Veeam -- why did I have to do this?
  • Synology burp was just a burp
  • Talked with David about re-racking
  • DMS kickstart
  • PDB to Google sheets and stache
  • nxclient deprecation -- planned and checked
  • cleaned up Google accounts a bit
next:
  • May 1st SCADA? Up the mountain or telecon.
  • Re-kickstart ovms-tt spare
  • SSH mountain slowdown -- people are conflating it with LUCI slowdown.
  • NetGear modem -- Louise needs to get me Verizon SIM.

IS


Last week
  • LUCI
    • Working on entrance window dust detection algorithm for LUCI

  • PIT
    • Italian spreadsheet
  • OT
  • At Barry's and Sci-Ops request revisited binocular behaviour for LUCI and LBC. This is an ongoing work and there will be a bunch of tests that will be done on one of the next engineering nights to see how the current system work.
This week
  • Short work week for me (Mon and Tues) going to Havasupai ... I promise pictures!
  • LUCI
    • Didn't work on issuetrak #7642 (RTD aladin bug? on reading X/Y coordinates) but there is an interest to test this fix and possibly other LUCI work, such us the RTD AFC front end work (not AFC testing) and if have time to add it, a fix to #7473, one of the engineering nights in May, maybe the 16th.
    • Working on entrance window dust detection algorithm for LUCI
  • PIT
    • Arizona spreadsheet
  • OT
    • Apply the AO/GUIDE star mix coordinate fix to production
Topic revision: r14 - 29 Apr 2019, AndrewColson
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback