SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2019-04-08
Attendees: Andrew, David, Igor, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang
Report auto-generated 20190325 06:45,
edit this table, use entries in smartsheets.
| LR20190325 - Bec, Matthieu
| LR20190325 - Colson, Andrew
| LR20190325 - Edmeades, David
| LR20190325 - Sola, Igor
| LR20190325 - Kubanek, Petr
| LR20190325 - Hooper, Stephen
| LR20190325 - Zhang, Yang
| LR20190325 - Zhang, Xianyu
News from management
- ExpressMaintenance > MS Access in-house DB (Pat)
- Daytime testing, bringing back system for night-time ops concerns
- Proposal and Time Allocation at LBTO (WPC science highlight from ME)
- sci-arc will request 2x new VMs for new archive, asked zabbix/nagios monitoring
Previous Action Items
- CODING.md - TCS coding practices. See ~pkubanek/tcs/CODING.md on developing machines for a draft
- Wired network in rm507 - BR requests to add 2 switches "one next to RM507-2 on the north wall would be useful, perhaps a 3rd on the table in the center"
- deamon mode, final touches on hkserver (new HK for old OAC hardware)
- TCS socket testing showing C++11 powers
- OSS Umac module improvemens (uses standard TCS Socket class instead of custom one)
- finally found VimDoxygenToolkit after suspecting for a long time this must exists
- CODING.md (based on experience from YZ pull request review)
- OC, WPC, Management
- EE's interview x2
- OVMS+tt stand-up, LN, science archive meetings
- DMS new telemetry
- DMS new telemetry
- timeseries db
- phone screening UK candidate
- Closed IT#7610 (MODS script issue) after receiving help from Rick Pogge.
- TCS work:
- Finished a branch to include the new command "ApplyWaffleAO" (with changes mainly in IIF and AOS part, the major missing part is the AOSupervisor OpCode for the new command, which I think should be generated on the AOSupervisor part and then imported).
- Created a pull request for review.
- Next to work on new instrument authorization.
- Some major reorganization of the web interface.
- Still having trouble with Chart.js time axis setting (won't work even on very simple independent HTML test page), need to resolve this.
- Still working on tweaking the web interface.
- Created a pull request to merge recent changes (not everything is in working order, just to sync the Github repo).
- Needs a meeting with Al Conrad to clarify several design requirements.
- Regular script-based generation of pages working well; no one has broken my logic yet
- Minor edits
- Stephen expressed the desire to move away from external hosting and towards UA; I concur.
- Looking at availability of modern templates
- Easy to work with
- Cheap or even free (~$50 for a year of access, no monetary obligation after that if we don't need support)
- Already mobile-aware
- UITS followup; we are "close" to having someone assigned. My contact has been Christopher Gery.
- Issue with Jim's video card.
- Only one port is working now
- I'm using it as a motivation for him to complete his move to the new, much more capable machine that he's had on his desk for months.
- If it has further issues, we will replace it
- Sorted out IssueTrak critical ticket email/SMS notifications with an IT engineer
- Collecting mobile numbers from interested parties. If anyone is complaining about not getting SMS, verify that they sent me their number.
- Alerts go to the "LBTO_Critical" group
- Users who wish SMS alerts will also need the "sms email" field filled out in their user details (email@example.com)
- Natural critical event did send SMS alerts out; got several confirmations.
- L4AO monitoring and scripts
- Mockup of example lbto.org site
- Wiki problems: This morning's look shows poor console responsiveness for no clear reason (RAM is fine, load is fine, no obviously weird processes)
- Hopefully UITS meeting
- talked to Leroy, all parts for wireless should be there, checked with mountain management, scheduled car and bedroom
- update SSL cert -- purchased as "firstname.lastname@example.org", reset password for email@example.com at Namecheap and put in pdb.
- PEPSI PDU issues -- locked out Ilya. Cleaned up the access to the PDUs.
- problems with TCS machines rebooting, mounts Ok, but things mounted on top of other things. Probably should go with a systemd mount instead of the fstab mounts.
- Wireless cabling and infrastructure (up the mountain Monday and Tuesday nights).
- shares for Matthieu's request, RPMS to feed them.
- Wiki keeps dying -- definitely a memory issue. David will investigate, while I am on my little trip up the mountain.
- OAC 5.2 released - logs show successful EPICS channel writing
- PMS delivered to mountain on Friday
- Added FACSUM logic to loop through radar images
- Install PMS software on 32-bit machine (OAC?, JET?) on mountain
- Add FACSUM logic to display current radar image
- Try different radar image widget layouts on FACSUM
- ARGOS ITs
- Finish INAF pit work. This took most of the week.
- LUCI issuetrak 7473. I met with Barry and we agreed it was a configuration issue and on a possible path forward in case this happens again. Issuetrak has been updated.
- Work some on entrace window dust detection algorithm for LUCI
- Working on entrace window dust detection algorithm for LUCI
- Apply the AO/GUIDE star mix coordinate fix to production