Prev Next

SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2019-03-11

Attendees: Andrew, David, Igor, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang

Outlook

Labor Reporting

Report auto-generated every, Do not edit this table, use entries in smartsheets.

20190225
LR20190225 - Bec, Matthieu 80.0
LR20190225 - Colson, Andrew 80.0
LR20190225 - Edmeades, David 80.0
LR20190225 - Sola, Igor 40.0
LR20190225 - Kubanek, Petr 78.0
LR20190225 - Hooper, Stephen 80.0
LR20190225 - Zhang, Yang 64.0
LR20190225 - Zhang, Xianyu 80.0

News from management

  • Theran

Previous Action Items

Open topics

  • Remote disk drive (Windows Disk to Centos) vs commnucation with SW for the 4D data transfer

Team reports

MB

  • OC, WPC, Management
  • L4AO kickoff meetings
  • TimeLoss statistics, ims struggle with html import
  • Shark-VIS iif follow up
  • LBTI/INDI discussions with Manny, Paul
  • SSD planning
  • obsdev resourcing
next
  • influxdb
  • timeloss

PK

  • uniq -c & sort -rn as in counting occurrences of GCS commands:
%CODE{"bash"}% find /lbt/data/logs/tcs/ -name '20??????.events' | parallel grep 'gcs.command.' {} | sed 's/.*\(gcs\.command\.[^ .]*\).*/\1/' | sort | uniq -c | sort -rn %ENDCODE%
  • AGWConfig singleton class to hold all AGW related configuration in GCS
  • trimming commands and options in OAC/GCS
Next:

DE

  • L4AO workshop website
  • Server room switches
    • Us-owned option
    • UITS option
  • AGW/DIMM computer
Next:
  • Continue adding copy to L4AO site and modifying to users' taste
  • Chat with UITS
  • Chat with Cincoze US reseller

YZ

  • More online safety training.
  • TCS/IIF:
    • Verified with Xianyu that the "CorrectModes" request goes all the way to the AO Arbitrator.
    • Finished code for "ApplyWaffleAO" in TCS/IIF, next to add code in TCS/AOS, pending on the name confirmation.
    • Add the new IIF command to the "irtc" program (low priority).
    • Starting to look at how to add new instrument authorization.
  • AO-Cravat:
    • Finally resolved the issue of background channel communication and image loading (using a somewhat cumbersome two-way hand shake with some tweaks).
    • Continue working on Interface tweak (currently focused on CSS grid layout).
    • Met with Al Conrad on Friday.
    • New tasks planned after meeting with Al. Currently to look at "Sextractor" program to try to automate star finding and cropping.

SH

  • web services
  • SSL certificate problems (Steve)
  • EM for Bucki
  • ARGOS sx-lgsw
  • Microwave woes
  • kickstart machines in Kellee's office (again)
  • Dan's laptop

next:
  • VM for EAP-controller (needs some work)
  • VT telecon
  • Doug Miller IDL

XZ

  • OVMS+ dicussion, plan and related
  • 4D 4Sight HTTP pytjon interface and test, with help from Matthieu
  • RR optical design dicussion
  • LBTI, AO meeting
next:
  • OVMS+ test?
  • Action lists for the Italy trip
  • Integrate the 4D interface to AO SW?

IS

Last and this week
  • PIT
    • Italian PIT
  • LUCI
    • if I have time I'll look at LUCI issue track #7493

AC

  • Particle monitor
    • byte stream was clue that the socket timeout was due to 32-bit compilation
    • minor changes made to recompile on 64-bit and able to connect to device
    • in contact with Ryan at PMS to get 64-bit software
  • OAC 5.2
    • missing channels successfully added
    • still seeing weird AGW3/4 EPICS channel log message behavior
next:
  • safety/training
  • hopefully get 64-bit PMS software and inspect telemetry
  • OAC 5.2

Topic revision: r16 - 11 Mar 2019, MatthieuBec
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback