SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2019-02-25
Attendees: Andrew, David, Igor, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang
Report auto-generated every, Do not edit this table, use entries in smartsheets.
| LR20190211 - Bec, Matthieu
| LR20190211 - Colson, Andrew
| LR20190211 - Edmeades, David
| LR20190211 - Sola, Igor
| LR20190211 - Kubanek, Petr
| LR20190211 - Hooper, Stephen
| LR20190211 - Zhang, Yang
| LR20190211 - Zhang, Xianyu
News from management
Previous Action Items
Bring any topics you want for discussion at the meeting here. Use <topic>[<name>] formatting.
:set spell spelllang=en_us (spellcheck in C comments)
GNUC __attribute__ ((format(printf,1,2))) macro (check printf-like arguments)
- GCS re-coding (moveProbeOnGS allows for arbitrary GS, prepared for GCS utilizing full list of guide stars)
- Eigen3 (C++ linear algebra template library, indended to use for WFS Zernikes math if needed)
- started TCS OAC module
- OC, WPC, Management
- OVMS+TT, iLocater meetings
- Shark-VIS / SOUL s/w interfaces discussion, Massimilio will update his document
- Jenkins f29 jobs
- Dimm upgrade, would require 64bits upgrade (for kernel driver). We could try it with the current setup, then move on.
- Investigate various AHS issues
- Review PEPSI handover proposal documents
- New Obs machine check out
- Alta telemetry transfer more reliable
- AO new projects preparation
- Phone screened 2, 1 good but low level device control oriented
- New Obs machine check out
- SSD planning
- Reformat job ad
- Some more online safty training completed.
- Stuck on broadcast channel problem, trying to find a solution.
- Setup simulator, IRC client to verify the CorrectModesAO command.
- Trying to verify the AOS components as well.
- Starting to implement a new IIF command for AO operation.
- MODS scripts:
- Fixed a couple of syntax errors and renable several checking conditions in the MODS status checking scripts on obs3.
- Created a new pull request includes these changes on Github.
- Will find some time to reevaluate these scripts, potentially restructure them to a better status.
- Rack 3 work
- Rewired UPS for 30A twist-lock plug
- Moved PDUs and cable management as per proposal document
- Network planning
- Need a conversation with UITS re: options
- Software licensing
- Mixed stories regarding Solidworks
- I suspect that we don't actually need a license for Jim's current task, but I will make sure I understand the situation
- For reference a Solidworks seat costs us ~$2600
- Free 4TB hard drives to good home
- Contact UITS to see what our uplink and switch options are
- Some of our groups are already interested in 10Gb+ speeds to access their data
- As of last year, we are limited by UITS building switch port availability
- Added to proposal document re: repurposing existing 10Gb switch; ready to go on that with approval
- Still on call for jury duty this week; will update as I know more
- Added AGW3 channels to tcs.db and OAC-ALH.alhConfig
- Updated it.db to include PINI variables
- Built v5.2 on mountain
- Built 2017 version of ezca
- ENG night to test ALH
- ARGOS/LUCI keywords
- PIT release work
- IOC/ALH work with Andrew. Adding AGW3 alarm parameters and initializing them.
- ansible for post-kickstart setup
- RPM for common configuration (zabbix agent)
- mods and oac alh db
- wiki issues -- rebbot fixed? bad robots jailed, logging suppressed.
- zoom integration with Google calendar -- didn't work
- ansible for gluster setup and cluster setup -- things that encompass multiple computer systems
- VM on mountain for EAP-controller for wireless.
- VM on mountain for HMI.
last two weeks:
- visit Arcetri and Microgate for power backplane project
- dicussed with Armando, Marco, Alfio and Runa for the power backplane, 4D interferometer and Retroreflector
- dicussed with Mario and Roberto with power backplane and others
- document the questions with answers.
- working on the power backplane
- AO support