SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2019-02-04
Attendees: Andrew, David, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen, Yang
Report auto-generated every week, Do not edit this table, use entries in smartsheets.
| LR20190114 - Bec, Matthieu
| LR20190114 - Colson, Andrew
| LR20190114 - Edmeades, David
| LR20190114 - Sola, Igor
| LR20190114 - Kubanek, Petr
| LR20190114 - Hooper, Stephen
| LR20190114 - Zhang, Yang
| LR20190114 - Zhang, Xianyu
| LR20190128 - Bec, Matthieu
| LR20190128 - Colson, Andrew
| LR20190128 - Edmeades, David
| LR20190128 - Sola, Igor
| LR20190128 - Kubanek, Petr
| LR20190128 - Hooper, Stephen
| LR20190128 - Zhang, Yang
| LR20190128 - Zhang, Xianyu
News from management
Previous Action Items
Bring any topics you want for discussion at the meeting here. Use <topic>[<name>] formatting.
- allsky images named with timestamp
- BCU f/w upgrade documentation
- Dust monitor - bring back
- AO improvement: Luci kwds
- AO cabinet switch upgrade - follow up
- wifi summit upgrade
- Tucson CR power overhaul plan
- n507/obs upgrade
- abell / jhill ws
- 2019 conferences - who where?
- AO4ELT6, Quebec, Canada, 10 - 14 June
- Python in Astronomy 2019, STScI, Baltimore, 29th July - 2nd August 2019. Application deadline 14th February.
- Hotwired 6, August 19-22, Northwestern University, IL
- Astrorob 2019, 30 Sep - Oct 4th, Malaga, Spain
- ADASS XXIX, October 6-10, Groningen, the Netherlands (+ IVOA meeting after it, probably not worth it)
- Robotic Telescope conference, Melbourne, Australia, 8-11 December
- Safety training completed
- More safety training completed
- IT safetey training completed
- VM Host network redundancy tests done; both 1 and 10Gb networks are redundant. Should be good to relocate them and begin work on Rack 3.
- 6x 4TB disks wiped/checked for bad blocks and given to Stephen for new remote room computers. Continuing to check remaining drives.
- Perle switch techopsy conclusion: blowed up real good. Ordered replacement. Do we know what power they applied and how? Note: units do not specify acceptable Voltage on the chassis, but the spec is 9.6 to 60 VDC.
- Peter asked for help with an external drive from the mountain containing pictures from John Little. Unfortunately the disk has a physical problem and is inaccessable.
- Ketiv/Vault permissions
- VM Windows for Andrew and John Morris
- Server room power document
- more C++11 (emplace, ..)
- GCS changes - external scripts for image generation, GuidingThread reorganization, C++11 Sextractor interface (from ~500 lines to ~100)
- collimation&pointing dissussions with Peter Grey
- Last week
- Added updated EZCA extension
- Safety/Security training
- This week
- Delta-tau UMAC training
- Particle monitor
- contact LASAIR about firmware, etc.
- re-build software
- rebuild with EZCA for upcoming Eng night
- Safety/Security training
- OC, WPC, management
- automate OAC conf to git
- looking at new webcomponents
- shipped AHS to Shark-NIR
- WIP with github issues and projects
- ovms-tt meetings with Martin Gluck in Tucson
- lbti pre/post meeting
- safety trainings
- delta-tau training
- security training
- setup my TCS simulator
- Started LBTO online training for ComplianceAtWork (but haven't finished yet).
- Finished UA's security awareness training.
- IT#7285 MODS-1 Data Computer Froze mid-exposures, no response yet from Rick Pogge (hopefully their other MODS upgrades plan will address this problem).
- Tweaked several interface design (JS9 windows, keyboard bindings etc.), but more needs to be done (ongoing).
- Created a fake MongoDB to test database design and more complex query (ongoing work).
- Decided to use Google Chart as a chart plotting library since it integrates well with Google Polymer.
- New TCS work:
- Goal is to add new commands in IIF and new instrument authorization.
- Currently working on setting up a new TCS dev environment and getting into the TCS parts I needed to know.
- write the questions to Arcetri and Mircrogate for the power backplane
- change the FLAO/SOUL SW for OVMS DSP
- write the OVMS SW for configuring SwitchBCU and save OVMS telemetry
- config the OVMS SW
- help Alessandro packing lab set to the mountain
- thanks to Stephen installed Matlab on the AdSec machines
- burn the firmware in Tucson and mountain lab, and on the telescope
- ovms-tt meetings
- AdSec power off unexpected issue
- prepare SwitchBCU replcement document
- M2 hexpod limit IT
- power backplane documents
- prepare the Italy trip
- Added new subwindow coordinate to database and take a backup from the AFC coordinates table.
- ESM/ARGOS/SL/DL conversion script.
- Michelle like it and discussed a posible more binocular generalization.
- Discussion of LBTI PIT and starting developement.
- requested move of VxWorks crate into engineering lab (space) -- engineering is cool with this. Talk about buying a 19-inch rack to hold some equipment.
- OVMS-TT host on mountain -- network issues, computer issues, hardware issues, BIOS issues, power issues.
- Supported LBTI SOUL plumbing.
- RPM for CA (done), RPM for wildcard (done).
- Bucki laptop for "October" update to fix Windows Update (scary, scary!)
- Matlab onto some machines
- David C's safety fun. I now am certified not to electrocute myself.
- update OAC git.
- WiFi on mountain
- re0using old Synology drives in new rm507 machines.
- self-service certificates
- qemu-kvm under Fedora Atomic -- engineering server.
- laptops/VMs for Delta-Tau? Need some info.
- I should upgrade Matlab -- but I just don't feel it.
- RPM for github swg private key and setup.