Prev Next

SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2019-01-21

Attendees: Andrew, David, Igor, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang

Outlook

* Weekly schedules [Telescope/Schedule/Support]
* Team calendar
* IssueTrak summary
* GitHub open PR

Labor Reporting

Report auto-generated every week, Do not edit this table, use entries in smartsheets. 20181231
LR20181231 - Bec, Matthieu 64.0
LR20181231 - Colson, Andrew 54.0
LR20181231 - Edmeades, David 58.0
LR20181231 - Sola, Igor 58.5
LR20181231 - Kubanek, Petr 64.75
LR20181231 - Hooper, Stephen 64.0
LR20181231 - Zhang, Yang 64.0
LR20181231 - Zhang, Xianyu 56.0

20190114
LR20190114 - Bec, Matthieu 51.0
LR20190114 - Colson, Andrew 0.0
LR20190114 - Edmeades, David 24.0
LR20190114 - Sola, Igor 40.0
LR20190114 - Kubanek, Petr 40.0
LR20190114 - Hooper, Stephen 72.0
LR20190114 - Zhang, Yang 40.0
LR20190114 - Zhang, Xianyu 40.0

News from management

  • Support Calendar 2019A

Previous Action Items

  • Olga Inquirind Mind in IT

Open topics

Bring any topics you want for discussion at the meeting here. Use <topic>[<name>] formatting.

  • allsky images named with timestamp
  • BCU f/w upgrade documentation
  • Dust monitor - bring back
  • AO improvement: Luci kwds
  • AO cabinet switch upgrade - follow up
  • wifi summit upgrade
  • Tucson CR power overhaul plan
  • n507/obs upgrade
  • abell / jhill ws

Team reports

MB

  • OC, WPC, management
  • ovms-tt meeting and IPC iterations
  • ao-cravat update with Al
  • 4d meeting with Bucki, Julian, clarify priorities
  • sciarch meeting - limited realease of new portal for testing, release sometimes in Feb.
  • Data Mining System = Engineering Science Archive, Allsky, etc. all combined - work in progress
next
  • MLK

PK

  • OAC fixes
  • learned how to optimze code with C++11:

next:
  • GCS improvements

YZ

  • IT #7518- NaN pixels in LBCR images, will communicate with INAF personnel and determine the next step.
  • Disabled MODS status query script and updated the MODS wiki to include the steps on how to do it.
  • Cleaning up LBC svn -> github conversion.
  • AO-Cravat:
    • Finished a basic AO-Cravat web interface and backend service setup.
    • Met with Al Conrad to discuss the next steps. Al will find the details on how to locate calibration frames and update the status of science operations code.
    • Provided Al a demo site for him to evaluate.
    • Continue working on some tweakings of the web interface and backend server code.
    • Investigating several MongoDB stuffs: how to efficiently perform SQL join type query, and other general setups etc.

AC

  • Dust particle monitor
    • update wiki with user instructions
    • verify telemetry
  • OAC
    • remove EPICS-EZCA dependency
    • make RPM
    • update for ALH
  • ARGOS
    • Instabilities (ripples) might be the result of a combination of jumpy actuators and not fully corrected upstream beams
      • Main suspect is the LM heaters controller. Suggestion is to remove it from the telescope and send it to Julian Z. at MPE for troubleshooting in his lab.

IS

Last week:
  • LUCI
    • Subwindow debugging: #7473
      • The problem was an user error, but now the issue is trying to see how to improve the RTD gui to avoid this.
    • Looking at #7425 Filter wheel issue. I understand better the issue now but the original coders did already include many works arounds. Mabye Dave can think of a new one?
    • Make the MOS unit luci software operate from a remote machine. i.e. not luci.luci.
    • AFC GUI stops after exposition, Still not clear why.
  • OT
    • ESM/ARGOS conversion script.
      • Michelle like it and discussed a posible more binocular generalization.

This week:
  • I think it's going to be very similar to the previous week.

XZ

  • 4D SW interface discussion
  • OVMS+TT and Power Backplane meetings
  • cheked few IDL adsec routine
  • Book the flights for the Italy trip
Next:
Topic revision: r9 - 28 Jan 2019, XianyuZhang
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback