SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2018-12-24
Attendees: Andrew, David, Igor, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang
Report auto-generated every, Do not edit this table, use entries in smartsheets.
| LR20181203 - Bec, Matthieu
| LR20181203 - Colson, Andrew
| LR20181203 - Edmeades, David
| LR20181203 - Sola, Igor
| LR20181203 - Kubanek, Petr
| LR20181203 - Hooper, Stephen
| LR20181203 - Zhang, Yang
| LR20181203 - Zhang, Xianyu
| LR20181217 - Bec, Matthieu
| LR20181217 - Colson, Andrew
| LR20181217 - Edmeades, David
| LR20181217 - Sola, Igor
| LR20181217 - Kubanek, Petr
| LR20181217 - Hooper, Stephen
| LR20181217 - Zhang, Yang
| LR20181217 - Zhang, Xianyu
primary + secondary do self learning, gather information, read wiki
primary organize teamviewer/zoom walk through with Kellee and secondary
primary draft techtalk w. input from secondary
techtalk review by Kellee
primary does a team presentation
Please update this table to indicate progress.
| particle monitors
|| Igor (2)
| Status Server
|| Stephen (2)
| Stephen (1)
| Igor (1/2)
News from management
- PEPSI/pol high profile run in January: AGW3 & 4 must be ready
- ARGOS half-night Dec 22 - confirmed
- Time Sheets for Pay Period End Date December 30, 2018 must be submitted and approved no later than 5:00 pm on Tuesday, December 18, 201
Previous Action Items
- Skill set list (DE)
- UA time (AC)
Bring any topics you want for discussion at the meeting here. Use <topic>[<name>] formatting.
- seeing monitor upgrade
- end of year support
- network dropout - antenna monitoring?
- iLocater Single-Mode Data Fibers - CRA/CRB to Electronics Shop
- BCU f/w upgrade documentation
- Dust monitor status
- AO improvement: Luci kwds
- AO cabinet switch upgrade - follow up
- wifi summit upgrade (note: end-of-year deadline)
- Tucson CR power overhaul plan (note: end-of-year deadline)
- n507/obs upgrade (note: end-of-year deadline)
- synology new drives
- PGray mirror cover req. feedback
- Installing python packages on flao-sxwfs
- support aligned with mountain schedule (starting Tuesday instead of Monday)? (PK)
This week in github
- Finished the intro MODS wiki page.
- Completed the MODS tech talk.
- A preliminary web interface for AO-Cravat is constructed.
- Meeting with Al to discuss progress and plans for the AO-Cravat project.
- Next will focus on developing an infrastructure for server part, will start with reading and experimenting with mod_python and Apache settings.
- New Synology drives arrived finally
- Installed (no immediate problem with the 12TB drives, despite not being explicitely approved by Synology)
- Arrays and volumes building
- By the time anyone reads this, they should be available for use
- Volume2: 43.64TiB
- Volume4: 32.73TiB
- Both RAID-6
- Removed the spanning of drives between units; now all volumes are fully contained within one hardware container.
- Replaced batteries in Rack1 UPS
- Attempt to modernize AGw computer OS software to read modern USB storage devices, but this was unsuccessful. Suspect a limit of the Windows 7 driver.
- As an alternate, we connected a Samba share on the OAC machine which is visible to AGw and LBT network clients
- Autodesk software meeting; don't think our internal plans have changed re: 2018 everything
- This Week
- Added AFC visualization to obs# production (test) directory for Dave T. to try.
- Improve on Auxiliary cabinet exchange step. Basically use a retry if a switch gets stuck. A version of the code is in production but not tested. It might be tested in the next exchange.
- Fixed AOPMDEC Fits keyword
- Looking at RTD issue #7473
- Unable to use AFC Align Pinhole
- Added new pinhole definitions to LUCI 1 tables.
- Next Week (January)
- Possibly working on OT ARGOS/ESM binocular scripting
- Look at RTD issues #7473, #7488 and #7512.
- Unable to use AFC Align Pinholes to Align Field Stop For N30 Camera
- Slow subtraction in RTD
- LUCI-2 skips field image during MOS acquisition
- Microwave web camera changes.
- analysis host reinstallation as Fedora 29 for Matthieu.
- moved filesystems on Synology for new disk installation, and requisite changes on mounting hosts.
- IPC kickstart install for OVMS-TT
- Re-quoted ARGOS computer, and asked that Matthieu be added to Dell Premier.
- UITS complaints that AO was DOS-ing a computer in the Netherlands.
- Powered off old AO machines
- Powered off 32-bit shell.tucson.lbto.org
- Generate the excel memory map for old and new crate BCU memory map
- Analysis thousands measurements for current 4D resolution check
- OVMS+TT meeting
- Fastlink fiber swaps configration and debug
- Rewritten/Reformat the SW requirements with Matthieu
- Change mis-typed LN IP on AdSec machine because UITS complains
- Dicussion about SX AdSec TT slow issue
- Check "special" housekeeper parameters
- OC, WPC, Management
- OVMS+TT meeting, received 3xIPC, received cable serial specs passed on to Eng. for procurement
- ao-cravat meeting and way forward, meet once a month at least
- Ketiv support call, Bucki moving on
- attend LUCI remote test from Italy using vnc
- refactoring and packaging AHS (alarm handling system)
- schedule 3x phone screening interview
- schedule sci-arch meeting mid Jan,
- update my skillset, send to CV
- misc github activities
- AO keyword planning with Andrew and Igor
- deltatau site training, waiting clean invoice
- review 4D s/w requirements
- engineering science archive demo on analysis
- site training with deltatau, get invoice
- phone screening