SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2018-12-10
Attendees: David, Igor, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen, Yang
Report auto-generated every, Do not edit this table, use entries in smartsheets.
| LR20181119 - Bec, Matthieu
| LR20181119 - Colson, Andrew
| LR20181119 - Edmeades, David
| LR20181119 - Sola, Igor
| LR20181119 - Kubanek, Petr
| LR20181119 - Hooper, Stephen
| LR20181119 - Zhang, Yang
| LR20181119 - Zhang, Xianyu
| LR20181203 - Bec, Matthieu
| LR20181203 - Colson, Andrew
| LR20181203 - Edmeades, David
| LR20181203 - Sola, Igor
| LR20181203 - Kubanek, Petr
| LR20181203 - Hooper, Stephen
| LR20181203 - Zhang, Yang
| LR20181203 - Zhang, Xianyu
primary + secondary do self learning, gather information, read wiki
primary organize teamviewer/zoom walk through with Kellee and secondary
primary draft techtalk w. input from secondary
techtalk review by Kellee
primary does a team presentation
Please update this table to indicate progress.
|| Igor (2)
| Status Server
|| Stephen (2)
| Telemetry cleanup
|| Stephen (1)
| Igor (1/2)
| Stephen (1)
| particle monitors
News from management
- PEPSI/pol high profile run in January: AGW3 & 4 must be ready
- ARGOS half-night Dec 22 - confirmed
Previous Action Items
Bring any topics you want for discussion at the meeting here. Use <topic>[<name>] formatting.
- network dropout - antenna monitoring?
- iLocater Single-Mode Data Fibers - CRA/CRB to Electronics Shop
- BCU f/w upgrade documentation
- revert simbad harvard-strasbourg /et/hosts hack from Friday
- Dust monitor status
- AO improvement: Luci kwds
- AO cabinet switch upgrade - follow up
- wifi summit upgrade (note: end-of-year deadline)
- Tucson CR power overhaul plan (note: end-of-year deadline)
- n507/obs upgrade (note: end-of-year deadline)
- synology new drives
- PGray mirror cover req. feedback
- Deployment on page https://wiki.lbto.org/Software/ArgosWiki broken
- Argos Dec 22, second half - TBC
- Installing python packages on flao-sxwfs
This week in github
- IT issue #7285 (MODS1 data machine freeze problem), checked dmesg and several logs with no obvious problems, forwarding it to Rick Pogge for further investigation.
- IT issue #7500 (binocular LBCR + MODS1 observing failed with GetRotatorTrajector error), Petr suggested PCS problem and will investigate.
- IT issue #6395 (MODS naming/print statements as seen in UI). Olga confirmed it was an OT issue not related to MODS.
- MODS data computer high storage warning resolved (Rick Pogge removed some old data under /lhome/data).
- Obtained passwords for MODS computers, need to update the shared password document next.
- Working on AO Cravat web interface code:
- Python code convert from fits to png and then thumbnail. Currently used a combination of astropy tools and own code. Maybe better to produce a single Python code.
- Working on Polymer/JS9 integration, some progress, still needs debugging and tidying things up for a demo.
- Working on MODS wiki documents.
- Working on AFC debug tool. The tool copies AFC subwindow files as they get generated and display them locallly in a python program. The program applies the same logic LUCI does in the backend.
- Debugging #7499. It was reported as a scripting issue but it turned out to be user error.
- Possibly ARGOS/ESM binocular mode
- PCS copointing fix
- work underway improving AGW OAC code for the new housekeeping units
- LBC NS guiding meeting
- Fixed ARGOS wiki
- ARGOS handover items: spare computer, open and new ITs
- OAC AGW RPC error
- oaccontrol code refactoring (see PK)
- AGW test procedure
- OC, WPC, management
- ovms-tt weekly, ordered IPC x3
- IMS fix layout bugs
- review PG m1 cover req document (on-going)
- LUCI/AO keyword recap spreadsheet
- OAC discussion
- SMT/wifi meeting
- flao-sx python3 Fabio
- VT meet up?
- iLocater / 3L / spectro PDR
- Autodesk software discussion
- Decided that IT group rather than Ketiv should install client software for our users
- Standardizing on 2018 versions of main products; other versions do not play well with 2018 Vault server
- Started updating at users' request
- Conference room audio
- Preliminary results positive
- Laura hardware issues ongoing, replacement hardware did not solve the issue for long.
- AGw feature freeze? I'd like to image the current drive for easy replication
- Rep change at CDW; asked new person for update on 12TB drives this morning.
- Will send CV
- Thoughts on power plan?
- continued working on Wifi summary
- history information to http://info (not great yet, but does mostly work).
- continuing mountain network woes.
- iLocater network and cabinets
- Ordered computers/cards for obs replacement.
- Ordered laptop for Bucki
- AO cabinet switch configuration (try to feed 100Mbps in the lab).
- Microwave information collection
- refine info page -- add info, better history, less bandwidth, mobile site refinement -- not very important so lower priority.
- DIMM computer replacement -- quotes in, but discuss with involved parties.
- ARGOS computer spare.
- continued mountain link fun I am sure.
- LBTI computer IP addresses -- check back with Paul (on NTP time as well).