SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2018-05-21
Attendees: Andrew, David, Doug, Igor, Joe, Kellee, Matthieu, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang
News from management
Previous Action Items
Bring any topics you want for discussion at the meeting here. Use <topic>[<name>] formatting.
- revision control workflow (discussion) [MB]
- coding standards, indent tools (discussion) [MB]
- ops-support oriented `single` wiki page (needs contributors) [MB]
- circulate SSD plan (Leroy and Chris in the loop) [MB]
- SH tech talk #3 [MB]
- international travel 30days notice UA policy [MB]
- Veeam HostCPUUsageAlarm update from David [MB]
- git migration, next? [MB]
This week in github
This section will eventually be auto-generated based on new PR and Issues.
Last week vacation
- Locate source of VM host CPU issues
- Suspect it's just a matter of refining the balance of VMs between the hosts
- Work on IssueTrak multi-email problem
- Storage tech talk prep
- Vacation (Mon)
- HR activity + admin actions
- IT 7269 related work (IE/CA study & communication with John H. & Mark W.).
- Review of pointing project progress. Need to prep for training & transition to ?
- Thoughts on magnitude of pointing error(s) and candidate causes to investigate (in priority order).
- Trying to accomodate some of the suggestions Dave T. and Michelle put forward on the LUCI current view execution panel. Hopefully I should wrap this up this week.
- Finishing touches to LUCI handover document
- Dan started testing the new OAC updates. He wants it to work a little differently than the onewire interface, so I updated it, but RPC doesn't like to return an error and still translate data for you, so it's a work in progress.
- DDS crashed several times over the weekend in the INDI driver because of network hits - it probably runs out of memory, it seems to get a ridiculous sized traceback.
- GCS had a crash in string manipulation of a result from asctime. Petr suggested to replace it with the threaded version of asctime.
- Set up my TCS environment with git, checked in GCS config files for JHill
- Support engineering tests of OAC HK upgrade.
- Work on GCS updates for OAC HK upgrade.
- Revisit MODS handover status with MB.
- management OC, WPC
- S/W handovers (MODS, ARGOS, LUCI) follow up with Mark, Kellee, Andrew, Igor, MPIA, Stephen
- LUCI on git/github ... since 2012
- PEs (read)
- LBC Ethernet controller, pinged Fernando
- PBP, LBTI post-run meetings
- Ketiv/Vault, SSD - all wrapped up
- Argos servers look around
- complete safety training
- trac2wiki conversion (proto) script for Argos, sent to AC
- fits3d demo C snippet for AO, sent to XZ
- TCS PR7 / IT7262 DDS died, review requested for PK, KS
- some ideas about ITxxxx AO MsgDB, revisit this week
- Soul server PO
- continue PEs
- handovers follow up
- ETC with Mark and Al
- responsibilities and assignments
- AO data / Xianju doc follow up
- Quotes for Dell support renewal (ARGOS), quotes for mountain ASA devices (purchase)?
- DIMM upgrade quotes?
- Tech talk -- network at the LBTO
- Switch out docker on CentOS 7 with CoreOS Container Linux (bare metal)?
- Work on DNS.
- Implemented all shell safety in AdamhouseKeeper
- Wrote the test procedure for the SW for shell safety
- Found the answer for IT7123
- PBP, LBTI post-run meetings
- Help Yang\x92s simulator
- Helped ordering SOUL server
- Received the PBP hardware server
- Complete safety training
- Working on the just received PBP document
- Have a Skype call with Roberto about a small portion of old PBP document
- AO data structure documentation?
- Continue to evaluate AO logging code and implications.
- Continue Jenkins/RPM building process.
- Working on IT issues #7260 (Msgd problems), and #7261 (Memory leak on WfsArbitrator process).