SW&IT Meeting Minutes 2018-04-30
Attendees: Andrew, David, Doug, Joe, Kellee, Matthieu, Petr, Stephen, Xianyu, Yang
Previous Action Items
- NetBrain (David - schedule demo) DONE
- VM/SSD (David - followup meeting)
News from management
- Labor Record Keeping
- Staff announcement
- Performance Evaluation
- Added "satellite closure in 20 seconds" sound alert for laser safety officer
- Updated snapsot analyzer to take a snapshot every 2 minutes while loops are closed
- ITs #7234, #7239, #7240, #7241
- Automatically propagate lasers after short (> 20s) satellite closures
- Pointing (continued) - IE/CA analysis; not much forward progress
- Return to encoders and thoughts on E-time test cases to narrow causes
- Brief meeting with ME, IS, regarding Planner usage
- Planner is to use single Synchronous Preset
- Meet with ME, agree that the "three use case" powerpoint is a not a software requirements specification
- Begin writing specification + status sheet
- Meet with PK - Alt/Az offsets?
- OT release scripts?
- Finish documentation
- To include data structure definition for output files (.xml data structure TBD)
- Mask testing + integration into trunk
- Found DIMM NDA email chains
- OAC HK upgrade
- updated Mike's document for OAC updates (including client programs, telemetry and alarms)
- added alarming for off when not requested, and when cannot connect to 8051
- made a poweronly option for getdata
- GCS patch for logging issue
- OAC HK upgrade:
- handle errors from EPICS writes
- support Mike's testing
- work on new UMAC telemetry
- management OC, WPC
- Install gitlab on dev machine for evaluation
- support calendars: smartsheet vs google calendars
- VCan 'kick off' meeting
- PBP upgrade technical meeting (R. Biasi, XZ)
- Netbrain demo with DE
- Loggin, packaging YZ
- study TCS anomaly document
- repos browsing
- Labor record keeping
- monthly report
- review Luci handover document send by A. Pramsky
- discuss ETC with Mark and Al
- 'activate' first migrations
- repo browsing, tcsweb, tools, etc.
- responsibilities and assignments draft
- learned a lot about bash, .. (exec 100<> command,..) -> see tcs/pcs/test/common/pcstestfunc
- colored test suite for PCS (echo -e "\e[32mGreen\e[0m")
- started PCS, MCS, MCSPU WikiWords
- find there are still a lot of problems in TCS/PCS handling of co-pointing issues, working on improvements (IT7218, but not all the problems are in IT)
- git to host config files for machines (mount tools, and support scripts).
- OVA to LN.
- collection of exec stats on obs computers.
- Technical discussion with Roberto (MG) and Guido
- Wrote code for fixing IT7213, ready to test
- AdSec skip frame percentage track
- Worked with the MOXA issues, and ordered a MOXA for \x93lab\x94 test
- Test the MOXA with simulator
- Test the IT7213 fix on the telescope
- Test the IT7240 fix
- Continue working on the power backplane
- Another Technical discussion with Roberto (MG) and Guido?
- Last week explored a threaded and sorted logging implementation with the "spdlog" library.
- Following efforts will focus on creating a multiprocess backend for logging. To be studied items include Ice/Zeromq/Syslog.
- Planning on understanding the current AO logging outputs more clearly (e.g., what current log files are produced and their role and purposes). Also produce a wiki page when more information is gathered.
- With the "mergelogs" tool able to be compiled normally (with default system installed dependency), develop its RPM package spec and followup with a Jenkins integration. Also move the "mergelogs" source codes to Github (in the swg-tools repository).