IT Weekly Meeting Minutes 2020-04-14
Attendees: Stephen, David, LeRoy, Matthieu
(note: no notes for 2020-04-07)
|| Contact SHARK-VIS about single mode USB3 extender
|| meeting massimilano on Friday
|| Estimate length of the new run
|| 180-200 ft !!!
|| move critical VMs from VM1 to VM2 in preparation for hypervisor upgrade
|| VM1 Tucson hypervisor upgrade with DE on zoom
|| Done, some fight with the KVM
|| Check Synology versions and upgrades available
|| Come up with new ideas of what could be upgraded
|| Steward power shutdown non-issue
|| David will send the announcement for Network loss
|| CR temp monitoring
|| DE will get x2 units, send to mountain, work with LD when setup
|| Luci/x upgraded SSD
|| WIP, document ready. checking PCI and riser - check within the boxes
|| PD webcam, reconfigure (Andre)
|| the, basecampe (eliminate weather-underground)
|| Sabino power / UPS
|| email Pat+PG
- Sabino power shutdown Mon/Tue/Wed next week
- UPS will go down? PG wanted to keep OVMS running.
- we'd need two UPS to run ovms (CR=ovms+coreb and level 4=ovms-uie+switches)
- OVMS/DC/ssh/weatherstationPC, coreB-switches, not much. Few power button. Turn the breakers off (if bumps)
- Restart ?
- century link, mountain phones
- fiber terminated
- UoA tech coming Wed. to make the switch - go with the flow.
- new UITS switch in a box on the highbay / installed by century link
- phones? TBC, UITS deals with the phones - they provide for UoA
- ROWG IT wip
- setup rm507 w/ 2 big UHDs LCDs, upgrade f31
- 507-1 UPS lost power ? moved to new socket. Ground fault?
- CR monitoring - length for probes. 25' just fine. Humidity? not really. one of each.
- shipping, check with Kara
- 2x (unit + temp + temp/humidity+ free bundle for flood) = total ~ 1.5K
- laptops for mountain
- 2x win10 from JK, shipping to mountain
- 2x thinkpads, make sure the new one for Alexander (new staff) stays here. It's an P53.
- IDL license
- who owns the licences? Xianyu's license. DE will work it out with SH.
- DE looking into Cisco
- LR with Linux
- Louise will let us know when the contract needs to be renewed. SB said let's keep it for another year.
- Backup in-house working okay.