INAF LBC+MODS+LUCI queue observing, 2012 December 9-10
Observer: E. Sani, F. Cusano, M. Fumana
Telescope Operator: G. Becchetti
Support Astronomer: O. Kuhn
At the beginning of the twilight there are strong wind gusts. The Dome remains closed
Clear sky at the beginning of the observations with 69% humidity and wind speed 10m/s.
Poor to bad seeing during the night.
are calibration test performed in the afternoon.
|| HKspec, 200_H+K
|| At the beginning of the occultation the dome is closed. Bad seeing. Problems with LUCI shield T.
|| Poor seeing between 1.5" and 2.0" but the targets are detected.
The T.O. opens the Dome
LUCI reaches shield temperature limit.
- We wait for the primary morrors to thermalize.
Acquisition done. Flushing detector to remove persistence from saturated target slit
- Flush interupted after 20 exposures
- Filter wheel error. Run script again
- at the beginning of the integration the average seeing is 1.6
Flexure compensation problem. The problem is fixed without stopping the integration script.
- The flexure compensation is again on
Seeing very bad, guide seeing ~3
We are loosing guide. Script interrupted.
- We miss about 4 minutes of integration
Run script again, guiding is not reliable
No tracking, telescope loose the star, but preset not yet cancel.
- Script interrupts with error: ERROR WITH OFFSET TELESCOPE COMMAND
Restart of temperature LUCI controller from Germany (this should prevent shield temperature warning)
We are waiting for the guiding star on the GSC monitor
Restarting of temperature controller seems to have no effect
We are not yet guiding and the occultation is over. We slew to LaFranca
Shield temperature is raising again. No stable. We are check with the S.A. if we are able to still using LUCI or not
09:46 SWITCH TO MODS
We are authirized to use MODS
- acqMods cxoj09.acq
- modsAlign -l
- we are not able to able to see the target in the acquisition field even with a tipled exposure time. This is possibly due to the bad seeing.
We Slew to Fritz_04D
- acqMods GG190.acq
- modsAlign -l mods1r.20121210.0004.fits mods1r.20121210.0005.fits
mods1r.20101210.0008 / 0009
mods1b.20121210.0002 / 0003
- at the beginning of the scientific integration the average seeing is 1.5"
Script interrupted after 2 exposures because of incoming twilight
We are authorised to use LUCI and perform the K-band flat and lamps fro LaFranca
_A11 in the K-band.
- executeLuciscript.sh All_1_210_K.flat
- executeLuciscript.sh All_1_210_K.arc
- 10 Dec 2012