INAF LBC+MODS+LUCI queue observing, 2012 December 6-7
Observer: E. Sani, F. Cusano, M. Fumana
Telescope Operator: G. Becchetti
Support Astronomer: M. Edwars
Clear sky at the beginning of the observations.
At the beginning of the night the average seeing is 1.0".
Strong wind during the second half of the occultation: 15m/s.
|| HKspec, 200_H+K
|| Tell. We had to interrupt integration due to a GCS problem.
|| zJspec, 200_H+K
|| We repeat the zJ integration to compensate for slit loss during the bright time observations
| La Franca_A12
|| zJspec, 200_H+K
|| Tell. COMPLETE
We perform dark and flat calibrations for Sozzetti_22 program
- only dark_nor.txt
The T.O. opens the Dome
We slew to Sozzetti_22 and point WASP33
- executeLuciscript.sh spec_acq_science_22NEW.text
- FILTER entry missing in acq script
- Images saturated. Flush detector required
- Aborted after 85 exposures (no images saved)
- Guiding error: could't find star
loose of collimation. T.O. slews to a nearby bright star to focus
Guide problem (gcs)
- Script interrupted at 2:45
- We are not able to reproduce exactly the same overlap of detector and sky of the previous frames
- We decide to start a new acquisition
- Comparing the images
luci.20121207.0079 the shift in position is -2px,+2px respectively on the X and Y axes.
*average seeing 0.7"
Flexure compensation issue due to transit of the target (elevation > 80deg). We stop the spectroscopy, switch off and then on the flexure comp from LUCI software
- executeLuciscript.sh spec_science_A_22NEW.text
- average seeing 0.8"
Stop Wasp33 integration
We slew to Hunt_08AB
- executeLuciscript.sh spec_acq GRB020127acquisition_tel.script
Slew to La Franca A12
- executeLuciscript.sh STDA12_1_J.acq
- Guide lost: Target is too close the moon and guiding star is too faint
- We decide to modify DIT/NDIT configuration because the telluric is too bright
- Condensation spots appears on the FOV
- We decide to change offset according with humidity spot on the detector to avoid the dirty area
We slew to LaFranca
- executeLuciscript.sh OB_LaFranca_A6_acq.txt
- Target too close to the Moon. No collimation
Dome close due to humidity at 93%
- 07 Dec 2012