INAF LBC+MODS+LUCI queue observing, 2012 October 22-23
Observer: M. Faccini, E. Sani, K. Boutsia
Telescope Operator: D. Gonzalez Huerta
Support Astronomer: M. Edwars
At the sunset there are no clouds, clear sky. We open dome at 1.00UT
At the beginning of the observation the seeing is 1.1 and there is low wind
During the Cresci A observetions the seeing is 0.5-0.6
During the WASP33 transit the seeing increases to 0.8-0.9 and the wind reaches 15 m/s
At the end of the night there are collimation problems with LUCI.
|| We repeat the telluric acquisition and integration because the spectrum appear too faint
| Cresci 28A
| Sozzetti 22B
|| While the target is transiting, the flexure compensation cannot handle how fast the rotator is moving - COMPLETE
We slew to telluric for the program Cresci A (luci.20121023.*.fits)
- execuLUCIScript.sh tell_acq_campoA.txt
- We repeat the telluric acquisition because the spectrum appear too faint compared to the one acquired 2 nights ago
- execuLUCIScript.sh tell_int_campoA_H.txt
Abort Cresci to slew for the wasp33 Transit
- excLUCIScript.sh spec_acq_science_22NEW.text
abort preset to check pointing
- repeat preset - execuLUCIScript.sh spec_acq_science_22NEW.text
the target is transiting and the flexure compensation cannot handle how fast the rotator is moving.
As suggested by the S.A., we stop the script and re-start it again to try to fix the problem.
- execuLUCIScript.sh spec_science_B_22new.text
- We check the difference between an image before the problem and after we restarted the script and we find 2 px offset.
We slew to Hunt 8AB
- the collimation is not good - we need to go to a brighter star and collimate. This happens more than once.
- The stars appear elongated due to wind buffeting.
- execuLUCIScript.sh GRB020127acquisition_blind.script
The proble with the GCS persists, we slew to La Franca A3 NGC 3079
- execuLUCIScript.sh OB_LaFranca_A3_acq.txt
- We repeat the acquisition because the script does not have the correct position angle
- We interrupt the script to acquire the telluric before the twilight
We slew to the standard star for La Franca A3
- execuLUCIScript.sh OB_LaFranca_STD3_acq.txt
We interrupt the acquisition because the GCS can not guide due to twilight
We start calibrating
- execuLUCIScript.sh OB_LaFranca_CAL_flat.txt
- execuLUCIScript.sh spec_flat_lamp_22new.text
- execuLUCIScript.sh flat_campoA_H.txt
- execuLUCIScript.sh OB_LaFranca_CAL_lamp.txt
- execuLUCIScript.sh dark_nor.txt
0730-0759 dark files for WASP 33
End of the night
- 23 Oct 2012