General Information for New Hires

New Hires

  • Visit the following online orientation link for all your benefits information:
  • Contact Gene Gardner if you have any questions, 621-1156, or email Gene Gardner,.
  • You will be required to get a CatCard (official University of Arizona identification card). The CatCard will serve as a means of identification and give you building access after hours. Visit the CatCard office at the Student Union.
  • Contact Parking and Transportation to obtain a parking permit if needed.
  • Ask your supervisor which keys you need, then ask the Business Office for a key request form. You will need a CatCard as they will use this to track the keys issued to you (they will photocopy your CatCard).
  • If you need help with your computer setup, ask the Linux system administrator, or the Windows system administrator.
  • If you need a desk phone in your new office, ask Louise or Cindy in room 552. All University campus numbers begin with 626, or 621; you do not need to obtain an outside line prior to dialing; when calling the Phoenix area, do not enter a "1" before the area code. These calls are considered local when made from a University phone. If you put a "1" in front of the area code, we will be charged for a long distance call.
  • Talk to Gene Gardner about how to fill out your timecard.
  • Talk to David Carroll about how to complete your new-hire safety training and accquire any required safety equipment.
  • You can get office supplies in the copier room 557.
  • Request an IssueTrak user id from the IssueTrak administrator so you can submit service requests for computer problems and telescope problems. Provide your full name and email address when making the request.
  • If you wish to forward your University of Arizona email to your LBTO email account, read instructions on UITS website.
  • If you want to use a wireless card in your laptop on campus, check out this campus wireless information page, where they will walk you through the steps to configuring the machine, and setting up the VPN software (if you need it). This should allow you to use your laptop in the Student Union as well as some other common areas.
  • Comply to the governing IT policies and ACCEPTABLE USE OF COMPUTERS AND NETWORKS POLICY

Travel to Mount Graham International Observatory (MGIO)


Topic revision: r14 - 10 May 2021, DavidCarroll
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback