LBTI AO Setup
Here's a quick and illustrated guide to initial AO setup and GUI-opening.
If you need a more detailed set up guide, LBTI AO Setup
and this page for it's illustrations are informative.
Your Ultimate Goal...
- Login to a rm507 machine as "LBTI Engineering" (SX = left, DX = right) (If no list for log-in need to log in with user "LBTIeng" and password ask for pass.
- Open a terminal on the desktop
lbti-chrome to open a chrome browser
- in one tab, go to http://lbti-web:8080. This is the main LBTI telescope control page.
- in another tab, go to http://lbti-web:8080/pulizzis.html (or use the "Engineering Tools" menus at the top of the first page). This page controls WFS (and other LBTI) hardware power.
lbti-tabs to open the color-coded LBTI terminal (WFS-dark blue, AdSec - dark red, Telescope - light blue, Local - black)
The following sections can be done in parallel, and in any order.
- Use the 4th (black background) tab of the LBTI terminal
AOSGUI left& or
- From the AOSGUI, click "AO Commands" in the upper right corner
- Use the 1st, WFS, (dark blue) tab of the LBTI terminal
go_dxwfs to connect to WFS machine
w_check to check wfs software status
- turn wfs software off and on again (or just on, if already off):
wfseng& to open WFS GUIGUI
- From WFS GUIGUI, click "WFS HW GUI"
- From the Chrome browser, use the "pulizzi" power control page
- Find the block of outlets called "SX WFS Rack" or "DX WFS Rack"
- Click on the grey oblongs to turn on...
- Outlet 8, WFS Tip-Tilt Controller
- Outlet 15, CCD47 Tray Power
- Outlet 16, BCU2K 24 Volt Power
- Watch the WFS HW GUI (#3) until all status boxes EXCEPT "OCAM2K" have green checks. If "Tip Tilt" is red X, power cycle outlet 15 (possibly a few times).
- Turn on Outlet 5, OCAM 24 Volt Power Supply. Watch the "OCAM2K" tab of the HW GUI until it says "STATE_OPERATING"
- From the OCAM2K tab of the HW GUI, select "1x1 Cropped". Once it finishes, click "Live View"
- From the CCD47 tab of the HW GUI, select "4x4" binning. Once it finishes, click "Live View"
- From the WFS GUIGUI, click "WFS Arbitrator"
- From the WFS GUIGUI, click "System Processes"
- Use the 2nd, Adsec, (red) tab of the LBTI terminal
go_soulsxadsec for SX
- for DX, use
go_dxadsec and then follow instructions on Adsec Soul Maneuvers page to convert to SOUL software.
adsceng& to open Adsec GUIGUI
- From Adsec GUIGUI, click "Adsec Control GUI"
- From Adsec GUIGUI, click "Mirror GUI"
- From the Adsec GUIGUI, click "FLAO GUI"
- Make sure that the box next to "Intervention Mode" in the top right corner is green. If not, click "Set Intervention"
- From the Adsec GUIGUI, click "System Processes"
- Use the 3rd, Telescope, (light blue) tab of the LBTI terminal
go_obs3 for SX
go_obs4 for DX
./paddle& for telescope pointing paddle
- Open Observing Log for the evening, go to Observing Log for assistance there.
- for eyeballs that track your cursor position:
xeyes& from obs (light blue) terminal
- for John Hill's sweet suite of telemetry plots:
LBTplot& from obs (light blue) terminal
- for a read-only view of the science cameras: http://lbti-web:8081 from Chrome
- user is mrReadOnly
- ask for password
- for live LBTO webcams: http://info.lbto.org/webcams (Firefox)