Dear Richard dear all,
please find below a short summary of the activities done today on the mountain related to the AO system. Italian people working at LBTO were:
Arcetri: A. Puglisi, P. Stefanini, S. Esposito, C. Arcidiacono, A. Riccardi, M. Xompero, R. Briguglio
LBTO: G. Brusa, T. Shih,
Total # of person: 9 W unit
1) A new set of screws and springs has been installed on the WFS board to replace the older ones that were to long.
2) The mount system for the telecentric lens has been changed to allow the installation of the cover holder located on the input lens of the board.
3) Measurements of the focus and centering position of CCD47 has been done in order to place it in focus after the two lens system addition.
4) J. Urban and an electrical technician visited the lab to see the cables needed for the AGW unit. A decision was taken to ask J. Storm to provide two spare power plugs and some informations on the air line that fit into the AGW. The missing fibers to connect AGW with the secondary and with the ethernet network fiber are already at LBTO or has been ordered. AO control SW
1) The ADC and pupil rotator tracking code has been integrated into the AO supervisor code and in the engineering GUIs. The system will work with the AO3 build of the TCS SW to provide automatic positioning of the ADC and pupil re rotator as a function of the telescope elevation and telescope rotator angle. LBT672a
1) The shell has been cleaned and prepared for the installation on the secondary unit.
C. Arcidiacono left the mountain today and will leave for Italy tomorrow. Other
1) M2 and AGW telescope installation and alignment schedule: A meeting has been done accordingly to what decided yesterday to write a technical schedule for the adaptive secondary and W unit installation and alignment for the period 4-17 th of March. This schedule has been cross-checked with J. Urban at the telescope and will be sent in a separate e-mail.
2) Custom letter for shipping of retro-reflector. P. Salinari has been contacted to alert L. Miglietta in order to get the needed details to write the custom letter. The letter should be prepared on Monday morning (italian time) and should be sent to Steward in the afternoon.
Next update tomorrow.
All the best
- 02 Apr 2010