Outline of Nightime Operations (UT Oct 28-30 and Nov 1-2)
Updated to highlight, in red, the tasks which remain to be done and are priorities for any E time that may open up on Wednesday and Thursday, Nov 1 and 2.
If seeing is <~1.2":
- LUCI: Verification of AGW transforms.
- N30 Field Stop: LUCI1 cannot be configured for N30 Field Stop mask. Configure LUCI1 with N30 Field Stop.
- LEFTZEROPOINT: Must update LFBG rotator zeropoint for LUCI1 before verification. LEFTZEROPOINT was -187.917. New LEFTZEROPOINT is -187.315.
- Binocular transform collect, see ComTools#Guide_Probe_Transformation for instructions.
- Send sync binocular preset ComTools#Sync_Preset
- Run transform_collect in two different IDL sessions, one for SX and another for DX (asych presets but to same target so OK).
- Use Stone_D_new_Oct2018.list (in /home/LBTO/idl/wfsc/transform/lists)
- MODS: Collect data for MODS2 transform.
- Run ~modseng/modsScripts/Support/transformInit_bluePoint.pro
- Using PointingMask in both MODS.
- Use blue channel on MODS2 (and MODS1, for uniformity).
- Must update RDG rotator zeropoint before collecting data.
- Binocular transform collect.
If seeing is poor:
- Collect data for pointing model using MODS/MODS (pointing mask or no pointing mask to get the full 6' square field and put WCS on images?)
- Binocular mixed-mode tests, using LUCI1/MODS1 + LBCR
- LBC NS guiding test (IT 7387). PCS patch that should have fixed this was backed out on 20181101, though.
- On-sky checkout of AGW-1 (1 hour)
- confirm light on lenslets
- measure/update the rotator center
- LUCI-1 measure rotator zeropoint with new astrometric masks (0.5 hour)
- LUCI-1 AGW Transform (update the rotator zeropoint for LUCI-2 and can perform LUCI-2 AGW Transform in parallel if mask exchange is done in time (1 hour) - N30 pointing mask (use old one)
- ESM testing? Both sides (1 hour)
- Verification of AGW Transforms
- Update rotator zero-point for MODS-2 (MODS-1 should be OK)
- AGW Transform - requires pointing mask (1 hour)
- Stone_P1 and Stone_D fields cover the 1st and 2nd halves of the night. ~/Service_Observing/E_MODSTransforms/. Stone_D PA=270 was done before and Stone_P1 has 3 lists for PA=315.
- Verification of AGW Transforms
- Test non-sidereal guiding patch (IT7387)
- Test PCS. GCS, ECS, PSF, OSS patch (various small changes)
- Apply binodal correction to SX Gregorian (waiting for Doug to analyze the data)
- collect pointing data with MODS/MODS (~2.5 hours, any seeing)
- TMS DX M1 Tilt test (10 min)
- DX M3 alignment at other focal stations
- for PFU (high)
- for L-N (high)
- for LBTI (high)
- Temperature-free collimation model (from Yang's analysis - not ready as of 10/23)
Binocular Tests (Facility Instruments)
- Test binocular and pseudomonocular LBC+LUCI/MODS observations:
- Can we send binocular LBC + LUCI presets via scripts (Olga, a bad-seeing, bad-weather task)
- Can we send binocular LBC + MODS binocular presets via scripts (Olga, a bad-seeing, bad-weather task)
- As far as pseudomonocular mode, can IT 5715 be closed? (we believe both are fixed in version 2.15, which is the current version of the LBC software.)
- when dec=-90, is an initial, non-zero, dither made, or is it ignored?
- do LBC observations always wait for the optics move to complete?
- More pointing data after the initial models are tested (MODS first, as LUCI data was taken during restart)
- Test new version of GCS
- Test AO and ESM observations with LUCI-2 to compare with issues found as part of IT 7458 (DX AdSec frequent RIPs of unknown cause)
-- BarryRothberg - 26 Oct 2018
- LMIRCAM/NOMIC (monocular) observations of 29P/Schwassmann-Wachmann (2-3 hours w/overheads) - first part of Sunday
- MODS LS spectroscopy of stellar merger candidate (2 hours) - first part of Monday
- MODS LS spectroscopy of nova (1 hour) - end of night (any)
- MODS LS spectroscopy of Triple AGN candidate (45 min-1hr) - end of night (any)