Restart Night #10 UT 31 Aug 2020
OSA: S. Allanson
ISp: G. Bechetti
Mtn Manager: B. Bingham
SO: J. Power
Special Guests: D.Thompson on LUCI, S.Ertel on LMIRCam
LBTI AO checkout completed. Pased with flying colours. We were able to perform a rough focus on LMIRcam with the ARGOS source as well. Dave took the data for the LUCI1 wavelength calibration. I verified the mirroring of mask 921459.VIPE1
- LUCI-2 CCR offline - unavailable as of afternoon
- LUCI-1 - CRITICAL PRIORITY
- PFS Alignment Alignment - daytime - into handover if needed - CRITICAL
- Focus check time permitting (or if weather keeps us closed at sunset)
- L! Rotator Center (0.5 hr) - high
- M92, M34, or M52 - fields available for all night
- L1 Rotator ZP for AGW - (1 hr) - critical
- Long Slit Method - instructions to be provided by J. Power
- Suggest doing 3 "masks" to verify the RotZP (based on experience with issues from L2 run)
- AGW Transform for both LUCIs (use the N30 fieldstop, H or FeII filters) - (2 hr) - high/critical
- LUCI-1 Imaging check (can run LUCI-2 in parallel to repeat) - high
- Important to test in and out of field to "stress-test" AGW-1 - does it recover from long throws? and multi-point dithers?
- Dither in-field
- J1601 (sets around 10pm) - dithering in the field -Kband only
- NGC 7027 (sets 4am) - cycles through all filters, can stop early
- Dither out-of-field
- M52 - (all night) - KJH
- NGC 40 - (all night) - all filters
- Comet 29/P - (after 10pm) - JHK - need to update for tonight's ephemeris
- Twilight Flats - low
- Photometric Standards - (1-2hrs) - medium - only if clear - any seeing
- AFTER LUCI-1 checkout:
- Collimate WRS/DOFPIA - high (4 x 0.25 hrs) - to check LBC-Blue
- Superfocus sequence -PA=0,180 high (1 hr) - to check LBC-Blue
- Rotator Center Checks, start with PA=0, 180 (track mode), then 90,270 - high (1hr) - to check LBC-Blue
- Test Science OB - guiding - medium (1hr)
- Standard Photometric fields - requires clear skies - any seeing
- Spectrophotometric Standards - requires clear skies - any seeing
- Twlight Flats
- Spectrophotometric stars if clear (and if not clear only if taking data)
- Photometric Standards - (1 hr) - only if clear - any seeing
- Mixed Mode LBC-R/MODS-2
- Skyflats MODS2-Blue
- Revisit Transient - (1hr) - Med/High
- Same spectroscopy scripts (run 2x extra eposures - total of 4x900sec each channel)
- If too faint for spectroscopy, take u,g,r,i,z imaging - script TBD
Closed Dome Activities
- LUCI-Bino Flexure
- LUCI1 Wavelength Calibration
- LBTI AO Checkout
- SOUL LUCI-1/AO Checkout
1:15 Conditions on the summit: Heavy cloud cover, drizzles earlier. Setting up to run LBTI WFS and AO prerun checkout closed dome
1:32 ARGOS light has been deployed, chamber lights off, in retro mode with M2 and M3 set to last position for LBTI WFS alignment.
- Executing the
LBTI Checkout: SX AdSec
Usage on /local/aomeas on lbtisxwfs6 is high at 84% and should be cleared out before run.
- Aligning on M2 M3
M2: 2.2983, 0.7501, -1.550, 245.0277, -209.0703, 0.
- Loaded KL20 modal basis, usual reconstructions, and LBTI forgetting factor without issue.
Closed loop bin1 500 modes frequency 1000 on argos source, optimized gains. Camera lens range good: 9,-21
Closed loop bin 4, 54 modes, frequency 1000, on argos source. Camera lens range good -10, -45
- Steve Ertel has LMIRCAM up and running to check image focus.
WFS disconnected from msgD, stopped and restarted the wfs arbitrator
- Updating the Bayside stage positions to 52.8, 24.3 to center the argos source on the center of the LMIRCAM patrol field
M2: 2.4642, 0.2025, -1.5430,390.32, -162.46 0
- Ran focus sequence with ARGOS source and found optimal focus was around 77.5. Set the
Bayside Z focus in the LBTI_ACE-AO in /home/sxwunit/aoroot/calib/wfs/current/setups to 78 as a starting point for an onsky focus sequence on a point source.
- Closed with several disturbance files and reconstructors, no issues.
Dave is doing some LUCI1 wavelength work while we work on LBTI AO checkout. He gathered the LUCI2 wavelength data yesterday.
4:07 Steve is deploying the troughs preemptively before Bruce heads to bed.
4:33 Preset AO with AOS commands gui (manually set WFS Spec to LBTIWFS in Flao GUI). Intervention not set and closed and optimized without issue.
Tested a few setups, disturbance files, to be thorough but all looks just as happy as it did prior to shutdown.
For the books:
| Baysides (xyz)
|| 52.8,24.3,77.5 (align and focus on lmircam)
| M2 Platform position Absolute
| M3 Absolute
5:00 Done with the Adsec and LBTI wfs. Warmed the camera and powered off, w_stop. Adsec remains set. Also the rr_mode_enable was activated when I started tonight and I will leave it like that, unless a miracle happens and it looks like we will open.
Will park the ARGOS source once Dave hits a logical break in his scripts and I can turn the lights on (20 min or so).
7:20 Dave finished LUCI1 calibrations
8:50 Checking out some luci masks
- luci1.20200831.0217 921459.VIPE1 in FPU. Confirmed mask is mirrored
- luci1.20200831.0218 moving mask 931032.VIPB4 into the FPU slot 14 and another of the INAF masks. Verified no Xflip for this mask as expected it is just the VIPE1 mask.
- put no mask in use and luci to bed.
- 30 Aug 2020
- Mask Snap of INAF mask luci1.8.VIPE.lms showing gerber mirrored: