Restart Night #8 29 Aug 2020 UT
OSA: S. Allanson
ISp: G. Bechetii
Mtn Manager: B. Bingham
ISA: O. Kuhn
We did not open all night due to clouds, then some precipitation.
- LUCI-1 - CRITICAL PRIORITY
- PFS Alignment Alignment - daytime - into handover if needed - CRITICAL
- Focus check time permitting (or if weather keeps us closed at sunset)
- L! Rotator Center (0.5 hr) - high
- M92, M34, or M52 - fields available for all night
- L1 Rotator ZP for AGW - (1 hr) - critical
- Long Slit Method - instructions to be provided by J. Power
- Suggest doing 3 "masks" to verify the RotZP (based on experience with issues from L2 run)
- AGW Transform for both LUCIs (use the N30 fieldstop, H or FeII filters) - (2 hr) - high/critical
- LUCI-1 Imaging check (can run LUCI-2 in parallel to repeat) - high
- Important to test in and out of field to "stress-test" AGW-1 - does it recover from long throws? and multi-point dithers?
- Dither in-field
- J1601 (sets around 10pm) - dithering in the field -Kband only
- NGC 7027 (sets 4am) - cycles through all filters, can stop early
- Dither out-of-field
- M52 - (all night) - KJH
- NGC 40 - (all night) - all filters
- Comet 29/P - (after 10pm) - JHK - need to update for tonight's ephemeris
- Twilight Flats - low
- Photometric Standards - (1-2hrs) - medium - only if clear - any seeing
- Spectrophotometric stars if clear (and if not clear only if taking data)
- Photometric Standards - (1 hr) - only if clear - any seeing
- Mixed Mode LBC-R/MODS-2
- Skyflats MODS2-Blue
- Revisit Transient - (1hr) - low-medium priority - not critical for redshift, if initial spectra look interesting this may be useful
UT 02:15 Staying closed at sunset because of clouds. Dave released for LUCI1 for engineering and Jenny checked and fine-tuned the alignment of the FS for the N3.75 camera.
UT 09:10 There have been clouds passing over since sunset and we have not yet opened. Now the clouds are thick and there are droplets on the all-sky.
UT 12:30 Steve put the telescope to idle. I shut down LBCR and put both MODS to sleep.
- 28 Aug 2020