UT 25 Aug 2020 - Night #4 of Restart
OSA: D.G. Huerta
ISp: E. Solheid
Mtn Manager: R. Hansen
ISA: B. Rothberg (Tucson - secret bunker)
Special Guest stars: O. Kuhn (Tucson), R. Rothberg (Tucson - secret bunker)
- LBC-Blue unavailable tonight - may need to remove from telescope and do swap in the lab.
- MODS1-Blue IC reported Seq unavailable at UT 01:08 - restarted IC via Raritan but it hung - could not run any isis commands to contact M1BC, sequenceer came back on line at UT 01:17 without my (or anyone's) intervention.
- DIMM still unavailable at UT 01:32
- Seqencer issue mods2b.2020825.0001.fits IT 6386
LBC images are not going into /newdata - According to the log data we get a tftp -b32768 -o 192.168.34.15 put lbcb.20200825.025129.fits d:\lbcb.20200825.025129.fits > nul 2>&1< upload command failed with retcode:8
- RFBG rotator issues
UT 01:29 - MODS-1 and -2 awake
UT 01:50 - taking second sievesnap, mods2blue showing bad sequener on image 0001, 0002 ok
UT 03:40 - still closed for clouds - D.Thompson working on LUCI-2 functional checkout, but RFBG is having issues.
UT 03:51 - R. Rothberg arrived to check on progress
UT 04:20 - heard a boom over the polycom - sounds like thunder up there - All-sky shows a bright light.
-definitely have lightning - see it on the roofcam
UT 04:55 - troubleshooting of LBC to archive file transfer, all-sky shows rain drops, SM reports rain and 95% humidity, LBT shows 46% humidity.
UT 06:52 - going to power off and power on LBCs and try an exposure
UT 07:04 - same results
2020/08/25 07:04:35.171000 N B CAMERA CCDCTRL issuing >tftp -b32768 -o 192.168.34.15 put lbcb.20200825.045346.fits d:\lbcb.20200825.045346.fits > nul 2>&1< upload command ...
2020/08/25 07:04:35.218000 W B CAMERA CCDCTRL issuing >tftp -b32768 -o 192.168.34.15 put lbcb.20200825.045346.fits d:\lbcb.20200825.045346.fits > nul 2>&1< upload command failed with retcode:8
2020/08/25 07:04:35.233000 N B CAMERA CCDCTRL file "d:\lbcb.20200825.045346.fits" queued for upload
UT 07:05 - powering off LBCs
UT 09:57 - still closed for clouds
UT 11:15 - putting MODS to sleep
PROPOSED PLAN OF ACTION:
- Basic Checkout
- Observe a standard star in all modes (30-45 min for 3 images).
- Repeat if clear, otherwise take specstd for any modes used during the night
- Dice-5 imaging offsets
- Dumbell Nebula (first half)
- M76 (2nd half)
- Test Science OB
- Spectrophotometric standards (only if clear)
- LBC- Red
- DOFPIA / doHybrid - colliimatie on sky
- Test Images
- Mixed mode MODS-1/LBC-Red tests
Closed Dome Activities
- MODS Prism Calibrations
- LUCI-2 functional check (D. Thompson)
- 24 Aug 2020