Telescope Bootstrap Startup: 14 September 2012 UT
Observer: DMiller (LBTO), OKuhn, MEdwards(Tucson)
Telescope Operator: GBechetti (LBTO)
Software Support: CBiddick (Tucson)
AO Support: DMiller (Tucson)
Telescope Support: MMidkiff (LBTO)
Instrument Support: ESolheid (LBTO)
There were scattered clouds and fog all night, and the humidity never dropped below 98%
Olga and Michelle performed some tests and calibrations with MODS1 and the LBCs.
Vidhya and Alfio also ran some LBTI TCS/AOS test.
Closed Dome Tests
Still cloudy up at the telescope. Retroreflector removed and fills done.
Waking MODS up for another round of calibrations. Dome dark, telescope at zenith.
sieveSnap (mods1[b,r].20120914.0001.fits), followed by
- gg495.cal script.
- r images 2,3 are from gg495 (red grating with GG495 (2) and clear (3))
- wiggle.cal script
done with wiggle.cal. Will take pixel flats again: grpixflats (24 minutes), grpixflats_r (14 min) and grpixflats_b (23 min)
- in grpixflats_b --- look at flat with UG5 (b 0023)--- there is a bright circular arc neat bottom center. Well, I looked back at some blue-only UG5 pixflats from 20120212 (87), but it used VFLAT 10 and was very saturated at the red end, so any gradients near the center are hard to see, but I think I do see a hint of this circular arc there, too. I don't see this in the Blue-only Clear pixflats. And in the Dual UG5 flats, it looks like the brightest region coincides with the position of this arc.
mods data from tonight are being copied to /newdata fine, but they are going into /Repository/20120913 (yesterday's)
not /Repository/20120914/ IT4218
start grflats.cal (to 06:59, 33 min); grflat_r (13 min) and grflat_b (lost track but I think 23 min)
Geno authorizes LBC on both sides. Vidhya was doing some testing with LBTI - but done now.
Tried lbcrangebal script after the modifications for 1/ a sanity check and 2/ logging to /home/lbceng/RBlogs/ I also edited the portion which copies LBCCHIP2 extension image.fits to img because when the script makes a copy of an image, it takes a very long time --- this was a limitation in the old lbcrangebal.
Works OK --- didn't display the image to RB_Science ds9 - had to open a separate ds9 - but after that, it displayed the images, albeit only a portion of chip2 ( Y from 257 to 4352 and X from 2 to 3200)... imt issue? or because I used a 4-chip image?
Running FILTER testing OB to cycle through filters.
Lights needed for filter checks - looks OK, though through some filters not much light (too short exposures)... oh, well lbc is not in the beam so it's
Lights off and sending a test preset from LBC which will take a pair of 60-sec exposures and dither 3 times.
- btec chip levels are not equalized btec_1 has background ~100 counts while btec_2 has background ~600 counts
- rtec chip backgrounds are ~300.
- the preset completes with warning but that is only because the swing arms are not configured correctly for LBC:
Fri Sep 14 08:04:47.158 2012 Preset command wait for telescope complete for both LBC
Fri Sep 14 08:04:47.217 2012 Preset alert for both LBC mode TRACK: Left side swing arm configuration wrong
Fri Sep 14 08:04:47.322 2012 Preset alert for both LBC mode TRACK: Right side swing arm configuration wrong
Fri Sep 14 08:04:47.372 2012 Preset alert for both LBC mode TRACK: Stop complete
Fri Sep 14 08:04:47.423 2012 Preset alert for both LBC mode TRACK: Stop complete
Fri Sep 14 08:04:47.473 2012 Preset command complete with warnings for both LBC mode TRACK with offset, Sound=presetWarning.wav
grlamps --- done at 08:53. The blue-only argon (last one mods1b.20120914.0051.fits) has a reflection of the slit at X~3127 --- haven't noticed this, but haven't looked in that much detail before.
doBias --- had to run red fitsflush to get 52,53,54. MODS going to sleep after another night of calibrations.
RH is still 101% ... doesn't look very promising. We are all, in Tucson and LBT, calling it a night.
- 14 Sep 2012