MODS1 Commissioning Run 7: UTC 2011 April 14
Observer(s): R. Pogge, R. Stoll (OSU), E. Skillman (UMinn), M. Fumana (INAF),
M. Wagner (OSU/LBTO)
Telescope Operator: G. Bechetti (LBTO)
AO Support: Remote from Tucson as needed
Telescope Support: J. Little (LBTO)
Instrument Support: D. Officer (LBTO)
Clear and cold, but no observing because of high winds all night long
Andrew reports that our mirror limits problem was caused by a typographical error that got into the revised collimation model
coefficients. We should not have problems tonight.
No special preparation today except routine filling of the dewars.
All 6 mounting bolts checked in the afternoon and all were tight.
All times are UTC
unless otherwise noted.
- High winds at sunset, we are waiting them out. As of 0500 we are seeing gusts up to 25m/s.
- High winds continued all night. It was clear, and beautifully dark (if cold, -5°C, and windy) after moonset.
- Called the night officially.
- 13 Apr 2011