LUCIFER Technical Observing, prep for Partner Science: UT 2010 February 01
Observer: DThompson (LBTO)
Telescope Operator: WWack
Instrument Support: JMorris, NAgeorges
Telescope Support: JUrban
SW support: TLeibold (on call)
- Night lost to bad weather (fog, humidity)
- Correct initial collimation/pointing with IE/CA (and IA?)
- For TCS SW build 36 (not this run):
- modify/test ptcorr script to use pcsutilities command (this is for B36)
- example: pcsutilities ptmodify ca -200.33
- Check existing pointing model (high & low EL to check IA)
- Check existing collimation model
- Run short dither (dice5) pattern to check that things still work
- Can use any MOS preimaging for this
- Re-test updatePointingReference functionality.
- Collect through-focus sequence for Andrew - reasonably dense star field.
- also check the AGw-LUCIFER focus in cold weather for temp term
- Collect astrometric field data to check AGw calibration at colder temps
- Practice MOS acquisitions with Nancy
- Read appropriate section in documentation
- Execute MOS preimaging for partnership. Scripts received from:
- Collect a "movie" of LUCIFER images while an in-field offset is taking place.
- 31 Jan 2010